Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       04-22-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
So this is my first time doin it myself. I already took out my impeller and then realized it was late and the parts shop was closed. Im getting the part tomorrow. My question is how to put it back in. I guess im just wondering if itll slide right in, or if i should lubricate it before, and if so with what? Thanks in advance guys!
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-22-2007, 9:36 PM Reply   
put some grease on the shaft. To get it back in, I have heard of people using WD-40 to squeeze it back in there by hand. I used a large hose clamp to squeeze the fins down, installed the impeller halfway, removed clamp, and pushed the impeller in all the way. Greasing the shaft should make it easier to get out the next time. Doesn't matter what direction the fins are going when you install, it will self-correct itself.
Old     (edandgem)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-22-2007, 11:29 PM Reply   
Just use binding soap to put the impeller back in it works great. Good luck
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       04-22-2007, 11:36 PM Reply   
yeah do as egj said works every time. it a tight squeeze
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-23-2007, 6:29 AM Reply   
My impeller came with a small tube of glycerin lubricant. The instructions specifically said not to use anything petroleum based and to orient the fins the correct way. I just turned mine as I slid it on to get the fins the right way. It went right on.

Jman
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2007, 6:55 AM Reply   
do not use wd 40 it has chemicals in it that are used for cleaning, but they will make the rubber expand
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-23-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
use what comes with the impeller. There will be a small instruction sheet. And while you are at the shop get a extra impeller, its a stupid things that will ruin a weekend if soemthing happens to it out on the water.
Old     (bfwake)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
Agree with the others, no wd 40, use what came with it or if you are in a jam dawn soap. Pay attention to how the impeller fins are bent, replace likewise.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       04-23-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
thanks guys! im gonna go do it in a bit!