Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-16-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
so my boat is an 07 malibu response Lxi. Doesnt throw that big of a wake unweighted, and i was wondering if anybody knows any good removable types of weight. My whole family skis, except for me, so it would have to be able to take out easily. if you guys have any ideas then let me know. thanks.
Old     (slamminp)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-16-2007, 10:21 PM Reply   
Fat sacks, perhaps?
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-16-2007, 10:40 PM Reply   
get a 2000 gph pump and use fat sacs
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-17-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
we use water bottles. I have about 250 of them. it takes a minute or two, but just get your skier buddies to help out. we use the caps too, so water doesn't get in the boat.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-17-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
how fast can fat sacks pump water in and out?
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-17-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
see above post
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-17-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
2000 gallons per hour
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-17-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
so how much do you guys think would be too much for my boat. its not mine, its my dads who is very... protective of his stuff, so i dont want it to be too sunk into the water. would 1 750 pounder be too much? or could i put more? again i dont mean totally loaded down, i mean so that its not taking in water everytime we slow down
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-19-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
nobody?
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-19-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
Not sure to be honest. You can run them in the back and up each side of the motor. You can get a sac that is 400 lbs. Maybe that would work. Just run three of them like i said. I dont think it would sink it too bad... Not sure tho. Just try one sac at first and if you want more, then by a couple more...
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-19-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
do some research bro
Old     (andy12)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
look at the little coast gaurd plaque and it will tell you how much weight your boat can hold remember to leave some weight for passengers
Old     (bbower)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-20-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
I have an 03 Response LX; This year I bought an 06 SAN 210 team from a friend of mine, but I still have the Response. For about two year I ran into the same problem...the truth...its tough to have a "ridiculous" wake with a "SKI" boat. The beginning of last year i found what juuust a little bit too much is weight does. We had right at 1500 lbs in fat sacs (a 440# on each side of engine and 650 behind the engine), and 3 people. It was nice at the beginning of the day, except you had to be VERY careful driving, esp. slowing down and if you were turning b/c water would come over the back. But we got careless and 4 more people got in... it was too much weight and we couldn't keep water from coming over the rear sides of the boat so i pulled it up to a sand bar. My day got worse and some big ass Bayliner was crusin about 10 mph 30 ft from the sandbar, and I'm sure you can guesss what happened. Luckily I had a lot of friends up there that day, so with buckets at first then 6 different fat sacs pumps to get the water out it was fine and no damage was done.

After that I ran into a friend of mine who went through the same problem with how to make a wake in a ski boat, and he helped me out. For the rest of the summer last year and the first part this year (Just got the SAN about a month ago) the set up on the response was actually VERY good. I've actually had friends ride behind my boat who have an x-2 and supra, and they love it. So this is what you need.

Put a 680# bag between your backseat and engine cover. I'll fit and your friends can face the rear with their feet on the ski locker and you have a nice lounge! Also put a 350# bag in the bow. that gives you like 1,030 lbs, plus 4 friends (avg. lets say 150-160 something like that...that's right at your limit for your boat). And you can always let water out of the sacs. They won't slosh as long as you let the air out of them. its also not a bad idea to keep a 85-150# fat sac "block" in there so you can keep the wakes even. On those smaller ski boats in peticular they can get uneven VERY easy.

Whether or not you put weight in the boat, if you are going to be wakeboarding behind a response (or other direct drive ski boat) the main 2 things that are a MUST.. First a Pylon or Tower (of course). Second... You need to get Malibu's Wedge! It won't make the wake alot "bigger" but those boats are designed to have a smooth wake for skiing. The wedge puts a nice lip on the top of it so you at least get good pop off of the wake. I'll post some pictures of my response and the wake. I'm going out on it today to try and sell it to somebody, so i'll get some pics up for ya.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-21-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
thanks for the help everybody
bbower i have a wedge, and a tower so im good there