Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-19-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
Finally picked up my 96 PS 205 yesterday.
I got it for a great price, however, it is rough and will need some work.

Any help you guys can give me on these items would be great.

1. Deep gouges in gelcoat. On both blue and white. I'm pretty sure I can match the white, but what about the blue? Anyway, some detail on gelcoat repair would be awesome.

2. Rub rail is beat to hell. Is there any way to clean it up? Its made out of rubber, can it be smothed without destroying it or making it look worse?
Old     (point1234)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-19-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
Hey you should check out the Mastercraft team talk forum. There is a ton of knowledge for that boat on there.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-19-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Worked most of the day, went shopping and spent too much money for parts. Came home, sanded and stained rear teak. I also removed most of the decals, due to them being old and torn up. There were a couple of cracks in the seat support on the transom so I used a hurricane strap and riveted it on. I'm making some progress but there is a lot left to be done. I also discovered that some of the scratches are not as deep as I thought, they're just white because they have wax in them.
Old     (abhoe157)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-19-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
some of the scratches may compound out. Other then that call your dealer and tell them what the model and year and colors are maybe even the vin number, and they should be able to mix and match the gell coat colors for you or take care of it for a price. The rub rail can be replaced also. We had the exact same problems with our boat (scratches in the gell coat, and old rub rail. We fixed them in about 2 weeks time. big thanks to CN Motors
Old     (unclej)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-20-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
Depending on the extent of the damage to the rub rail you can use magic eraser. Mine was marked up pretty bad with the white paint from the guide pole covers. Magic eraser took it off with a little elbow grease provided by me.

J.R.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-21-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
I'm actually making some great progress, things are starting to look much better. However, I did discover that the rear seat is broken essentially in half. It has some sort of aluminum bottom, I tried to reinforce it, but its got way too much flex in it. So has anyone out there ever fixed one of these? I would really like to leave the seat in the up position all the time and make it permanent that way. Has anyone done this? or ideas of how to?

Also, I'm thinkng about using Rhino lining on the floor instead of replacing the carpet. What do you think?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-21-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
That is what I am doing on my 2001 nautique after we replace the floor and stringers.

I am actually using grizzly grip. It is about $78/gallon and comes in a bunch of different colors.