Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-07-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
Hello and thanks for your help in advance. My wife told me I could upgrade our boat this year!! I have been in the same SUPRA for 10 years and do not know what kind of quality is our there today. I have about $30K to spend and have considered the following: 2002 SUPRA SSV with 600 hours for $27500, 2002 XSTAR with 350 hours for $24500, 2001 X10 with 450 hours for $30000. I have also began looking at Centurion Boats which seem to have the most bang for the buck but I know nothing about them. I can't afford a Nautique and I was very happy with the Supra that I owned. I have not heard good things about Mastercraft boats. Here is what I want in a boat: Tower, built in ballast( with switches to fill not a pump that I have to hook up every time) wakeplate preferred but not a deal breaker if it does not have one, v drive, perfect pass, decent hours, no rips or tears in the interior. Please help me decide!!
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-07-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
X-Star with out a doubt. My next question is what is wrong with it? Out of the 3 boats you listed the X-Star should be the most. Since you've only heard bad things about MC I guess your choice should be the Supra. What options come with each one?
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-07-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
I would also look at Sangers, you can get into an 03 V210 loaded for $28,000. Check Craigs List (SF Bay Area) I think a couple are posted. Centurion is another good way to go. If you can find yourself an 02/03 Cyclone or Avalanche loaded. Those should fall into your price range. I thought I saw an 02 Avalanche on Craigs List but only has center ballast tank. That 02 X-Star is a good deal, make sure nothing is wrong with it like if was taken out in salt water.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-07-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
that is an amazing deal on the XStar - something has got to be wrong with it
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-07-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Hey Phil,I will agree on the centurion..best bang for your buck!! getting one myself.have owned an older MC for years. Good luck on your hunt.
Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-07-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
We have had a centurion in the family since 1985 and it has been great for us. We just traded in an 85 Centurion for an 06 Avalanche C4 and it has been absolutely great for us. There are a lot of great boats to choose from but they are cheaper and one heck of a boat. Good luck on your shopping.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-07-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
I would look into any auctions around your area before you buy. I bought an 04 XLV a few years ago at an incredible price. It only had 30 hours on it when I bought it. Had everything you are looking for and then some for the prive range you wrote.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-08-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
Thanks for the quick responses. The XSTAR that I was looking at sold today but there are more around my area for about $28K. I have found 04 Centurion C4 for around $28K also. Does anyone know about MB Boats? THey are rare in Wisconsin. All the boats in my previous inquiry had all the options that seem to be available in those years--thanks again--if you see any good deals around either the Midwest or around Phoenix--let me know--later--phil
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-09-2007, 7:14 AM Reply   
If you find anymore 01-03 xstars for that price, let me know. I will buy them all.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-09-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
I would stay away from the x10. I am a MC guy but the X10 wake is too rampy for me. If you don't care that much it is a great boat becasue it is a little bigger than the xstar you are looking at. I think that you will be the most pleased with the overall quality of the boat if you go with MC. I am not saying that the other brands suck. To each his own. I think that MC has made a reputation for superior construction quality and that is what ytou are paying for. If you are talking about bang for your buck with great quality look at Malibu. For me personally I do not like the look or the style that Centurion has. If MB is not all that prominent in your area than I would stay away becasue it might be harder to find someone that knows the ins and outs when it somes time for a possible major repair.

In short if rough water ride is not a huge concern the Xstar is the best boat hands down. If you want space and roungh water ride consider something else
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-10-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
"My wife told me I could upgrade our boat this year!!" ... Well as long as your wife said it was ok ;)
Old     (lrbs_xstar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-09-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
that is an awesome deal for the xstar
i bought a 01 xstar an i love it
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-10-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
You loved your Supra right. Well Moomba is made in the same factory. I bought a new LSV in 05. here is a pic. Put 150 hrs on it. Not one prob and great wake. The 05 might be what you are looking for. Great experiance so I bought another Moomba, but this time the 07 XLV GG. Upload
Old     (ronskal)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-11-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
Just some general advice. Brand new inboards are petty much great from all builders today with Nautique, MC and Malibu the top three in price and popularity. Supra's are good boats and since you had one, look at those.

If your budget really is 30K, than a used 2002 year range X-star or Nautique 210 is what I would hold out for. The Malibu VLX from that era is also a solid boat. I doubt if a 210 could be had for that cheap, but those two boats are guaranteed to be good wakeboats.

Do not get me wrong, there are other 2002 era boats that are good. The consensus on them will not be as strong as compared to the 210 and MC.