Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-07-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
what is the best rope for the money? if it really is that much better to spend $100 on a rope, I am ok with it. I am looking for a very durable, no stretch wakeboard rope with multiple lengths. Also - I would like a surf rope too, although i know I can make one pretty easily. anyone know a site running good specials now?

Thanks in advance.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-07-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
bullet lines are durable, perform well, and are cheap...they are the exact same material (spectra) as all the name brands.
check them out

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2007-75-SPECTRA-CORE-WAKEBOARD-SKI-ROPE-MAINLINE_W0QQitemZ230099457559QQihZ013QQcategoryZ7 4048QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-07-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
I used to use just a cheap rope and invested in the Accurate A-line and love it. Didnt think it would be much better but so far I think it is. I havent used any other ropes so cant talk bad about them but I love the A-line.
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-07-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
i bought a decent rope last year and it ripped at the stitch points when i tied it up. it may have been the way i tied it up, but i was still disapointed. the a-line looks awesome, i just don't know if it is really worth it.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-07-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
I got an accurate A line also and think it's very durable. I used to use cheap ski ropes and the A line has allowed me to get much more pop.
Old     (ilovelake)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-07-2007, 5:48 PM Reply   
i love my bullet, dunno if it's really any better than any other no stretch lines, but i certainly don't think it's any worse and it's a hell of a lot cheaper
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-07-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
A good non-stretch wakeboard rope is probably the single most important investment a wakeboarder can make: for a beginer thru intermediate rider it is more important than the boat or even the wakeboard. We have a great article on our website about wakeboard rope.

http://www.bulletlines.com/wakeboard-rope.htm

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-07-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
Mike,
I have a used yellowjacket . Awesome 0 stretch rope in fantastic shape. Also have a handle available if you want a package deal. Handle is the a new eva interchangeable from straightline as well. Have a replacement bar part too if you want. Email me if you want pics and to negotiate a price. Sold my boat and don't need it anymore
Old    murrayair            03-07-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
I also have an Accurate jacket series rope and after 3 years and lots of use it's still in great condition. I haven't had the best of luck with Bullet ropes and handles. I bought a rope and handle (seperately) last season and they both fell apart pretty quickly.
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-07-2007, 10:48 PM Reply   
I also have an Accurate Jacket line... Very happy with it.
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-08-2007, 1:10 AM Reply   
Use both Jacket and A-line. Both in great shape, but give the A-line the edge because it is more tangle free and easier to coil. But keep in mind what length you want to use. Jacket series 70' A line 80' you can add extensions.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
They also have the X line. It's like the A line but it's 55ft plus 3 5ft sections.
Old    whirlymann            03-08-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
I love my coated spectra from bullet. It has three takeoff sections to suit anyone's preference, and I have found it to be very durable. The only part showing wear is the EVA grip, but that is to be expected from any handle.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-08-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Bullet is good for the price. I really like the rubber coated ropes.