Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (burtonsnow9)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-04-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
im looking around at getting some new bindings and im trying to choose between 05 hyperlite 3ds or 06 cwb torqs, so any input? and do those cwbs work with a 06 hyperlite murray board? cause ive read that liquid forces dont.
Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-04-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
i got some 07 torqs..havnt rode em yet (cold in ohio lol) but ive read good things on em and i love em and can get em on easy dry...they fit fine on my 05 byerly also
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-04-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
matt im from chippewa lake, where do you ride?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-04-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
personally i'd recommend the 06 hyperlite 3DS boot. i've ridden the 04 and 05 3DS boots, and the 04 was better than the 05 although they looked alot alike, and the 06 closed toe totally blew both of those away. Idk what ur feelings are on closed toes, but i really like the 06's. They are super suportive, cushy on teh foot bed, fit like a glove and are easy to get into. I've been around CWB for a while, adn i've seen some flaws in workmanship, their bindings just seem to fall apart. Idk if they've stepped up their game w/ their new lines, but in the past i've noticed problems with em. I'd go 3ds.
Old     (wakehopper)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-04-2007, 6:34 PM Reply   
I had the o4 highbacks, which were the same as the 05 3ds just different colors, they were pretty good if you like a stiff boot. If you want a really comfortable binding look at the 06 or 07 3ds, they are 10 times more comfortable than the open toe 05s.
I know the torqs will fit on that board because my buddy has that exact setup.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-04-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
hmmm.

I had a weird experience with the 06' 3DS (actually twice). The way it holds your foot (I think it's the angle) made my foot prone to pulling halfway out, effectively crushing my angle on the landing, which actually put me out for a week or two last summer.

Can't say much about the torques, but I know they aren't in the same "comfort" range. Go for the factions or something if you are gonna go CWB, I have heard nothing but positive from those.
Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-04-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
ryan i ride at lakengren lake in eaton most of the time...im from around dayton and i go to norris a lot also...where is chippewa lake?
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-04-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
if its between those two get the 3ds's. i'm guessing its a price thing so newer high end bindings are out of the question. but if you can get an older high end binding for cheap it will be better than current mid range ones.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-05-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
Yeah, everyone knows that I'm all for the CWB bindings, but the comparison from the 3ds's to the Torq's isn't really fair. One is a more universal fit entry level binding and the other is a pro-level binding. I'd say the 3ds's. If you can find a deal on a set of '06 Zeus' then it'd be a different story.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-05-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Yeah, what Evan said.

How much are you looking to spend? I've got some brand new CWB boots I'm getting rid of for a good price. Check the classified section. (Factions & Deuces)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-05-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
"I've been around CWB for a while, adn i've seen some flaws in workmanship, their bindings just seem to fall apart"

Can you give some examples?

I've been riding CWB boots since 03 (coming from Hyperlite) and I've had no such experience. The CWB boots are top notch, but I do agree with Evan. Apples to Oranges here.

Binding deterioration has lot to do with the amount you ride and how your treat them.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
check out the CWB Faction bindings, they are a step up from the Torqs and offer a lot more support for the money. I have them and love them, super comfy and really easy to get in and out of.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-05-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
I have been riding CWB Bindings since 04 and have never had an issue of any of them falling apart. In fact, I gave away my 04 Zeus bindings in the X-mas thread, and they looked relativly new, considering they were 3 years old. Even if that does happen, CWB backs their products as well as anyone in the industry. If you have problems, they will fix it...

I also agree that you are not really comparing apples to apples among those two bindings either.
Old    00wakesetter            03-05-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
Im super happy with the factions also. Really easy to get in and out of.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-05-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
matt- 1o minutes below medina