Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-17-2007, 10:15 PM Reply   
I have a 2004 B52. They didn't have factory front ballast that year. What is everyone using for there front ballast? It doesn't look like there is enough room in the bow under the seats for a bow sack to fill all the way. I am considering Pop-products, or sand bags also. If you use a bow sack under the seats, which one are you using? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-18-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
I put 1 600lb long sack along the bow, between the seats. Do you have the playpen up there? If so, that probably won't be much help :-)
Old     (mbouchard)      Join Date: May 2006       02-19-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
They did make the tripple up ballast that year in their team editions. The sack along the bow should do it (or lead tire weights in pvc pipes under the bow seats)...
Old     (liv2brd)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-19-2007, 10:18 PM Reply   
If I remember right you're the dude that got the smokin' deal on the MB. If so, congrats on the boat. I just sold a 2002 B52 that I had added a Fly High Pro V integrated bow sac under the front seats with a jabsco ballast puppy, a suction line through the hull, empty out the side and an overflow w/ a check valve. It made a big difference on the wake and hole shot. It added somewhere around 400-500 lbs which is same as the triple up. I also added the triple up switch. If you want it done right call John over at MB Boats in Lake Elsinore at 245-9848. If you're going to just add the bow sac in front using a fat sac pump to save money it will get you by but you won't be sorry if you choose to fork out the cash to flip a switch.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-21-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
Hmm...that sounds like a fun project. How much does something like that cost to get done Dave?
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-21-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
I have on 06 MB.. I use 50lb blocks of lead. Right now I have 300lbs up front
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-21-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave. Yes that's me. I would love to get that done at MB, but I figure I can do it for a lot cheaper. I can get 400#'s of lead for around $300, but I really don't want to tow that extra weight around. What did you spend on your setup? A switch to flip would be great. I think I will give them a call this week.
Old     (liv2brd)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-22-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
I think it went something like this:
Fly High Pro X integrated bow sac $239.00
misc sac fittings.........................$ 20.00
Jabsco pump.............................$250.00
misc parts, valves, hose etc........$100.00
labor approx 6 hrs......................$600.00
=========================================
TOTAL...................................$1,209.00

I paid another $100 to change out the ballast pump switch on the boat to the "triple up" switch. They did a great job on the whole set up.
This is approximate so don't pick me apart on this...call them direct. I hope this helps.
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-22-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
you can probably get lead for less... go to a tire shop and see if the have any to get rid of and melt it down