Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (chrissocal)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-21-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Thinking about sqeezing a little gelcoat project in before spring. My boat is actually a 2000 205v and I'm not crazy about the paint scheme. The first picture is how it looks today and the second picture is what im thinking about changing it to. Which way do you think is better. Thanks
Upload

Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-21-2007, 4:06 PM Reply   
I like your idea, but it seems like a lot of work for very little change. Is it worth it?

I don't know. The bottom of the logo where it meets the white now looks a little unfinished. Can you take the black down further?
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       02-21-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
Imo I think your original paint job looks sweet. I wouldn't change it.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       02-21-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
Can you still get the "X Star" replacement decal? I'm sure that'd have to be removed in order to paint/gel, so if it's replacement is not available...

Also, if it's same as a similar X-star I was familiar with, the black background in the decal area is in the gel too.

FWIW...I like the looks of both. Mine is more along the lines of your 2nd pic tho.

(Message edited by P-hat in Cincy on February 21, 2007)
Old     (chrissocal)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-21-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
Thanks for they repley definitley keep em coming....

J-Rod..I totally agree with what you're saying about looking unfinished, I've been playing with the lines a bit.

Paul..yes the graphic is still available and you're totally correct about the decal backround. I had to have a vinyl black oval cut to put the xstar graphic before it went on the boat side.

This whole thing started beacuse I was going to get a new boat but I decided to hold off for now, (just couldn't justify spending that much extra cash.) The whole project (paint, graphics, and new rub rail) would set me back about $1300.
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-21-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
If you've got the time and the $1300, I say go for it. No one likes to drive around in anything they don't like the looks of.

That said, I don't see enough difference to justify it. Going all black with a killer looking X on it might be worth it. My .02
Old     (chrissocal)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-21-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
One more...
Upload
Old    alanp            02-21-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
i had to look 4 times then read j rods post to figure out what was happening. i wouldnt change it
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-21-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
I would spend the $1,300 on something that would make a bigger difference on the boat.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-21-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
I would do this if it were up to me..Upload
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-21-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
Ever consider doing a complete wrap?

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/414006.html
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-21-2007, 9:41 PM Reply   
I would loose the middle graphic go all black to the back...ad an end cap white with Noo school MC graphics..for either X-Star or X1.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       02-21-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
Tell your wife that you are going to spend a lot of money on a gel coat project and that it is going to consume a lot of your time. Tell her your going to then want to tint your windows, get new rims and tires, upgrade your stereo.....ect ect.

Or you could trade it in for a new one and get a low interest rate and only pay a little more a month for a better boat. It will be the dream boat and you will never have to buy another one for the rest of your life.

See if that works for you like it did me.