Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       02-20-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
I am hoping to get some feed-back on how the H2 pulls your boat.
I have a Wakesetter 23LSV.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-20-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
Those are too manly for your pink boat. Stick to the Saturn Vue.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-20-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
Ive heard they have a diesel you can get for them now, but honostly the H2 weighs so freaking much, that your already(with the 6.0L) just highway getting anywhere from 10-12, and less with the boat. Our H2 is supercharged, exhaust, header, and I feel like it can't pull a whole lot better than our old 2002 Expedition 5.4 stock. It can tow it but your gas bill will suck as will your mpg. They look sick though done up right, and are extremely fast when not in tow(ours is)Upload
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-20-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
BTW sick boat
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-20-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
I have driven my buddies H2 pulling his X45. It tows very well.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-20-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
You can check my profile for a pic. Here are my thoughts on my 2006 H2. Overall unimpressed with the towing power. I drive approximately 400mi round trip each weekend with steep hills and windy roads. In order to maintain a 55-60mph uphill climb, it battles between thrid and fourth gear. It is the same issue I had with my 5.3L Tahoe. The GM transmissions just don't like to provide towing power at that range. From a ride, control and breaking standpoint it is exceptional. Gas milage, ouch, 9mpg on average with boat in tow. PM me with any specific questions.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-20-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
^^^ Exactly
The tranny was definitely the issue, and you cant really do much with the trans. they come with, we had ours rebuilt to be oooh not quite bomb proof, but supercharger proof atleast now.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-20-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Tyler, are you happy with the supercharger? I have gone back and forth because of the damage a supercharger can do to eng/tranny. What prompted you to do the tranny upgrade? Overall was it worth the investment?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-20-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
tyler sick hummer! what kind of blower is on there? eaton or centrifigual?

(Message edited by entrustclothing on February 20, 2007)
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-20-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
If it is hunting between 3rd and 4th gear on a hill, why don't you move it down into third? Hardly sounds like a problem with the vehicle, or much of a knock on its towing capability.
Old     (saroberts70)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-20-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
Tyler. Your right on the expedition. My 02' does great, but it does not look like that sick ass hummer of yours.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-20-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
Yeah well the Hummer is my Moms(she picked everything on it and shes 52) but its a Radix System Magnacharger, it has a after the exhaust and header almost 480hp. Even over 9000lbs on 37' it hauls. Still never tow with it... the diesel does leaps and bounds better. Jason the supercharger is amazing and the sound is pretty sick too, but if you don't have tranny work done ASAP after purchase it will eat the innerds of your tranny and spit em out(almost did) The engine has plenty of oomph to take all the power but like you said that transmission isn't made to take it, but when a charger is damn near 5k 800-1200 towards the Trans. is a good plan. Overall unless you really wanna show off it has no purpose and will only make you spend more money to make the rest of the truck able to handle that power. Even so if it were MINE I'd tow with it and just baby it, but if you feel like beating out some modded diesels or some rice burners or really a lot of what comes your way... go for it. A lot of people spend A LOT of money on some things that'd seem odd to some, but you know we all have our toys to tinker with.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-20-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
Doesn't seem to be the case on this thread yet, but a lot of naysayers also feel the H2 is weak offroad... well heres a fun link I found.
http://www.marax.at/funpix/hummer_h2_offroad.html
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-20-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
Tyler - Thank you - you just made up my mind to not upgrade :-).

Todd, the problem is that at 55MPH in third gear it is nearly redline, so unless you like to run for long periods of time at redline (50-55 mph)your option is to try to lug along in fourth until it downshifts into third. Trust me, this is a problem with the vehicle and its towing capability. The tow haul button does help it hang in 3rd and down shift a little earlier, but if you want to climb a big hill towing a boat, you have to do it at 45-50mph - not my expectations for a 6.0L motor.
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       02-21-2007, 7:01 AM Reply   
Many thanks for the feed-back.

This gives me something to think about, my Armada really does a nice job towing and I do not have the shifting issues. (The H2 just looks so sweet)

As Lucky275 said it may be too manly for my pink Bu. LOL
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-21-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
50-55mph in 3rd puts you at redline? What gears are on that thing?! Since most long-time GM owners will tell you that you really shouldn't be towing in OD/D in the first place, 4L65E or not, it definitely shouldn't be redlining there. Was it re-geared aftermarket for more torque?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-21-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
Why would you have to regear anything thats still sitting stock... you shouldn't have to
especially when they come stock on 34s or 35s cant recall exactly