Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old    wakeboardpunk17            02-02-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
Is the Roam hard to get used to? With such a different shape and feel, hows the transition. I'm mainly a cable rider and am at OWC all the time, I heard the board was great for sliders but will I have to like learn how to ride this board or does it handle much like any other board? Thanks
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-02-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
the roam is fun. no traction as in fin wise so you really have to know how to use your edges but 2 good sets on it and you will be fine, speacially if you ride cable.

tear it up.
Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-02-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
The Roam is a little strange and slippery at first, however, it is an extremely fun board to ride. It is all edging technique and once you figure it out you can ride it just like you would any other board.

I love mine and as long as the water is good, I would rather ride that board than any other. It does not take too much time at all to learn, though it will always handle A LOT different than a regular board. Oh, it also makes riding less tiring for me because of the limited drag.
Try one out, I highly recommend it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-02-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
I was able to do most of my HS tricks, but nothing toe side. I just stab the nose through the wake and become a lawn dart.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-02-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
^^^^^^
EXACTLY
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-02-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
Go for it, they are damn fun, and will improve your edging skills on your regular board. I agree with J-Rod on the whole toe side thing . . . the Roam exposed my poor toe side edging technique. All of the surface moves are a breeze, though.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-02-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
is it easy to do nose presses and surface stuff on the roam?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-02-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
They are great for rehabbing too. Fun enough to get your wake fix without going crazy.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       02-03-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
Different people have different opinions on the roam. More so i feel then any other board on the market. With no fins its a bit hard to take it wake to wake when it is choppy. On the other hand when it is butter thier is nothing better. I bought mine as a goof board on butter runs and now its the only thing i ride. With the flex you do pop it a bit different. You have to pop your wake jump more like an ollie then you would on a normal board, that means transfering your weight to the back and using the flex to add to your pop like a snowboard. With the toe side jumps if you weight your back foot the nose wont dig through the wake. All in all if you ride much butter pick one up they are cheap, under $100 on the net. And ride them bigger then your normal. im 5 8 150lbs and the 144 doesnt seem big at all.
ps Ronix covenent comes in a 150 this year, i cant wait.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-04-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
they have a ronix covenant you can rent at performance over at OWC. I would say that is your best bet to see if you like flexboards. It takes a little getting used to but once you do, its so much fun.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       02-04-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
I'll 2nd the TS lawndart and the rehabbing! When messing around riding it flat, I've noticed it gives me legs/knees a killer workout! Since the roam is so slippery, I utilize my stabilizer muscles a lot more when riding it flat/spinning it.