Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old    fishboatwakerider            09-04-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
Ok got my first boat.. payed 9k and it runs smooth as silk. Came with the tower but I added the speakers and a 10" sub since i've had it in the last week. Puts up a fairly decent wake considering how light it is.. but yeah tell me what ya all think??
[IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/2wheelerpeeler/TheBoat001.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/2wheelerpeeler/TheBoat003.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/2wheelerpeeler/TheBoat004.jpg[/IMG]
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-04-2006, 10:28 PM Reply   
how does it troll?

Nice boat though. What tower speakers are you running?

(Message edited by unclesam on September 04, 2006)
Old    live2wakeboard            09-04-2006, 10:29 PM Reply   
Nice at least ur riding u kno!! Congrats
Old    fishboatwakerider            09-04-2006, 10:43 PM Reply   
liquid audios with kicker 6.5's powered off a 4 channel Rockford fosgate amp...
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-05-2006, 6:40 AM Reply   
sweet! reminds of the first boat i really spent a lot of time behind. it a fish-n-ski and was almost the exact same colors, an outoboard, but we didnt have a tower. there was a sticker on the side of a grizzly bear catching a salmon. every time we fell, when the boat would come back around to pick us up, we would smack the sticker on the side of the boat and yell "bear fish!" that was 9 years ago, and i have only grown into more of a dork since!
Old    fishboatwakerider            09-05-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
yeah it's a 1995 Ranger R77 Fish & Ski 17 footer. I also put the biggest foil I could find onto the outboard so it would get us out of the water faster, and switched the prop out for one with slightly more pitch. I'll take some pics of us shredding the wake next time out!
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-08-2006, 1:18 AM Reply   
Roy my experience has been the foil does opposite what you want, raise the rear of the boat for a smaller wake by raising the rear. I also think you might have meant less pitch. My boat came with a 23" stock which would do close to 60 with just me and another guy in the boat. I currently run an 18" 4 blade with a max of around 42-44.
Old    fishboatwakerider            09-09-2006, 11:21 PM Reply   
yup, thanks on that correction, the prop i'm running has less top speed and more holeshot off a dead start.

The reason I'm running the foil is because is doesn't like to get up on plane with the fat sac and 3 people.

I'm thinking I might need to get another prop because it's still slow off the line and up to plane, the prop that the previous owner had that i got off him didn't really help too much... just took 2mph off the top end with not much to notice down low.

but the wake is pretty nice considering...
Old    live2wakeboard            09-10-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Same here i didn't have a tower either and we had to use a Y-Rope so we could ski around the outboard motor