Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (svguy)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-06-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
I thought I'd post a few pictures of my FAE install. I bought it for reducing the fumes for surfing. It obviously does a great job at that, but as others have mentioned, another great benefit is the noise reduction. It is very noticable and now I would never want to go back. I had a few problems with getting it to stay on when running wide open but I have to give Larry Mann credit for being very patient with me and working to get it just right. He has been very helpful. So, here are the pics.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-06-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Does your wakeplate still function?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-06-2006, 9:18 PM Reply   
Would it be to much to ask if you took any DB measurments before and after to see what the differance in noise was
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-07-2006, 3:18 AM Reply   
Ed,

Notice any difference in the wake? It would seem that the attachment could act somewhat like the wake-plate and push the bow down. It also looks like there would be a ton of stress on that thing. Are those two black vertical risers part of the rig? That would seem to solve the stress problem.
Old     (svguy)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-07-2006, 4:28 AM Reply   
David, wakeplate still works just fine. Note the upturn of the pipes to allow room for it to function. Grant, I'd love to make the measurements if I had the equipment. At start up, the engine is almost silent. At one point early on while wakeboarding, the system came loose and the difference in noise level was very obvious and dramatic. JHG, The wake does not seem to be affected by this (or if it is, it is subtle enough that I don't notice it). The two vertical sets of allthread (covered by fuel line) are part of the rig and take part of the stess. They are mounted into the hull. The original design had them mounted to the swim deck but I like this better since I can still completely remove the swim deck.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-07-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
SVguy,

I have an issue with some spray coming up between the swim platform and the transom, and it gets on the engine cover / sun pad. Do you have this problem? I have not called Dr Mann as of yet. Just wanted to see if this something that you've had to address. I've got a workaround with a strip of rubber, but wanted to see if maybe mine is adjusted incorrectly. BTW I love it. While I'm driving, its quiet enough to where I can hear the water running under the hull, plus I can have a conversation without yelling.
Old     (svguy)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-07-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
Lucky, I have noticed a very small amount of spray but it only goes 3 or 4 inches high and has such a small volume that it causes no issues.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-07-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
thanks. How far do you have the downpipe kicked out? It looks pretty far, but I can't tell from the pics
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-07-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
That looks like a good idea. But it appears to be made to fit most boats with rear exhaust. I'd be interested in seeing a single piece unit, not one which might come apart and then sink....
Old     (svguy)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-07-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
Lucky, The last picture is pretty accurate as to how far I have the pipe canted out. It just seems to be where it wants to be...hard to explain. Bruce, the two side pieces are attached at the exhaust and with allthread. Even if the center piece gets loose, it's still not going anywhere since the large rubber pieces of hose extend over it. It's really solid right now and I would be very surprised to lose any of it. Hey Larry, how about a free trick board for the advertising?............Just kidding.