Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
I know this is probably a long shot, but has anyone had any luck getting a stolen CWB board replaced that is under warranty?

My 05' Absolute Plat that I bought this year was taken out of my garage last night.

-Sad, Broken and Boardless
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-30-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
Wow that sucks Jeffrey, I have never heard of a company that would warranty a stolen board, maybe the shop you bought it at will give you a great deal on a new board.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-30-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
that sir, is retarded, we are now dumber for having read this post

flame suit on
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-30-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
dude that was funny (see above)
sorry for the lost board
good luck finding your dignity
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-30-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
This sounds like the same logic the majority of the Katrina victims from N.O. have been using for the last year. Call FEMA and see what they can do?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-30-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
Probably.. Last year my car was stolen and some dude from Ford came over that night and gave me a new one.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-30-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
Bad analogy Adam, bad analogy.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-30-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Nice Try, Beavis...
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
Wow, thanks for kicking a guy while he's down. If you'll notice the "long shot" part of my post, you'll realize that I didn't think it was probable. I understand that the warranty covers defects in materials, but wanted to find out if anyone has had a similar experience. I know CWB has gone above and beyond for many people in many situations. I'm not looking for a hand-out, just seeing if anyone has had good experiences with CWB on stolen boards. jonny and adam, if you think my post is stupid and a waste of your time, then why take the time to post?

My posts are usually positive and I try to add humor, so sorry for this one. I guess I'm just frustrated because I just got my board yanked from me and I'm upset.

On a lighter note, I recently bought a house and need a kitchen table as my dining room is empty. I was planning on buying one this week, but it looks like a wakeboard will be purchased instead. This reminds me of the "You're addicted to wakeboarding if..." thread.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-30-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
Both you and Adam should be slapped for your posts. Your long shot was more like a freaking mile and Adam not even close to the same dude, harsh man really harsh.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
Byrd, I don't care if you're making fun or not, but I have to say that you have my ideal boat. If I win the lottery, I'll be hitting you up.
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-30-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
speaking for myself only i only posted in fun-
i neither think you're stupid or wasted our time by posting because i not only read your post but took time to reply :-)

jonny may have a problem and be outta control- off the meds- or just punnin' ya as well- who knows?
Wakeworld can be a really tuff crowd sometimes. Keep your head up and don't EVER let what anyone posts here get you down. Most of us are posting here cause we're so damn bored at work and have nothing better to do...PEACE
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-30-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
Why not let your house insurance cover it? Or did you only lose the wakeboard and the deductible would be more?
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
Dude, thanks man. I read wakeworld way more than I post. It's what I do in down time at work too. Don't worry, jake-off posts like that don't get me down, but stolen boards do.

Jeffrey, thanks for the tip man, but I looked into it and the board was it, so my 1k deductable doesn't help.

I decided to just sack up and buy a new setup. Thanks to those with suggestions and have a good week of riding.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-30-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
"This sounds like the same logic the majority of the Katrina victims from N.O. have been using for the last year. Call FEMA and see what they can do.

WTF? Only a douche would make such a heartless statement.....
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-30-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
Hey Jeff, just poking a little fun at you after I saw your profile. Dont worry about hitting the lottery, just get down to Central Florida and come on out for a pull...

Sorry for your loss...I would want to hunt down beat the of anyone who stole my stuff.

(Message edited by byrd on August 30, 2006)
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-30-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
The comment regarding Katrina is pretty f'd up. Sorry about your board, but I am sure you had to know you would get some crap for making such a ridiculous post. I can see you now going into the board shop where you got the board saying "I swear it was stolen. My bindings, rope, vest, boat, boat bun, and gas were stolen, too."

(Message edited by raketball on August 30, 2006)
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-30-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
Tim, you and I both know that stolen boat bun is MUCH more serious than stolen equipment. Lets not even go there, ok?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-30-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
If he has a good relationship with the board shop owner and has bought boards and bindings from him in the past, I could see them stepping up and helping out with a discount on his new setup, I know I would and I own a boardshop Tim. With the season coming to an end and all the 07 product starting to come into shops, there are alot of great deals out there.
Let me know if I can help.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-30-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Due to the fact most of the poeple who felt my post was harsh are on the other side of the country, all you see is what the media tells you....stop by N.O. sometime and see for yourself.....your opinion might change.

I've been called a a**hole before, I'm not always pollitically correct. Statements like that are based on experience, not mainstream media coverage. I do feel bad for thsoe affected but when you have seen what I've been seeing as of late, you start to question motives.

To ask if a board would be covered under warratny if it is stolen is one of the most ridiculous things I've have ever read on here. Sorry your stuff got stolen. But use some common sense .

Sorry for the hijack.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-30-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
Adam, I don't think any of us care what your opinion is regarding the situation in N.O.'s as much as the analogy you used in comparision to a stolen board. Remember something Adam...regardless of the situation down there or your beliefs, a wakeboard can be replaced a human life cannot.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-30-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
My analogy was not human life!!????
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-30-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
look at the bright side Jeffrey, probably needed a new board anyway, right?
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-30-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
stealing boards just spells major injury. it's just bad karma, so sleep well knowing that.

(Message edited by madchild1 on August 30, 2006)
Old    The Original            08-30-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Jeffery - Sorry to hear of your unfortunate incident, it's a shame ppl have to resort to this type of thing, and for what a few bucks on the secondary market?!?!?

Adam Curtis - I got your back man! I found nothing wrong with your post(s). It's sad that many will jump all over this type of thing and be a bleeding heart not realizing what some of the more blatant truths happening out there!
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-30-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
I just think it's best to leave the political stuff off of this board, especially when it is extremely sensitive material, which the Katrina disaster is and will always be.

I see your point though, there are huge abuses going on with the system that was put in place to help honest people who lost everything. Regardless, stick to wakeboarding.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-30-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Wakeboard warranty won't cover theft. That's what your homeowner's insurance is for. You also might be able to get it back if you bought it with a credit card that offers insurance. You will need to file a police report and all that for either insurance to help out. Not sure if it's worth it for just a wakeboard.

Like 6 years ago I had a friends kneeboard stolen off of my porch. I filed a police report and then stopped leaving anything on my porch.
Old    rexflurry            08-30-2006, 10:31 PM Reply   
I just got a sick azz set up from Tracy Marine Proshop~ 06 Abs plat w/ factions, go there dude if you're near Tracy. They way out cool there. If im not mistaken they are gonna be having some kind of labor day sales starting thursday or friday
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-31-2006, 2:48 AM Reply   
you live in sac and drive all the way to tracy? do you ride or work for them? boarder's paradise is so much closer, and those guys are way cool, knowledgeable, and will do their best to help you out.

(Message edited by dakid on August 31, 2006)
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-31-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
I am going out on a limb here. I think Adam Curtis' analogy was more geared toward the fact of something being taken away from you and expecting others to take care of it for you. The key part "expecting". Flux has it pretty much spot on by saying there are abuses going on with the system. I have seen it first hand, i actually get to see it every 2-3 weeks up close and personal. Its a tragedy and a disaster that really does not get the justice and proper coverage it deserves.

BTW, my truck got broken into last week and they stole my stereo. Should I call Ford or Kenwood for them to replace it? Maybe both, Ford for the body work and Kenwood for the stereo? Maybe Circuit City... i did buy one of those extended warranties.

Just messing with you... getting your stuff swiped sux.

(Message edited by BIZ on August 31, 2006)
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-31-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
I thought Jeff's post was funny. As for the Katrina stuff I thought that was funny too. I've ridden with the sarge (Johnny) before I wouldn't mess with him.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-31-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
Mad's right stealing a board is about the worst karma you can get, so when you see in the news someone was struck by lightning carrying a wakeboard take solice in the fact he got what he deserved.