Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-14-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
So here's the deal...I live in an area that doesn't have a good selection of comp vests so when it came time to purchase one for my boyfriend (for our anniversary) I searched around Eastern WA & Northern ID and found a few comp vests but no Jet Pilot vests (Jet Pilot was at the top of his wish list).

I went to www.wakeside.com in hopes of finding something he'd like and of course they had lots of Jet Pilot vests for him to choose from.

My boyfriend was right between sizes so I ordered one size and had them ship it ground. It arrived the day after I ordered it! The sizing seemed a bit large so I contacted Wakeside, learned about their exchange/return policy, and ordered the other size. They were A-OK with me ordering both sizes and then returning the one that didn't fit the best. On top of that...they made a return to my credit card super fast too.

Big props to the people at Wakeside.com who make shopping there a great experience. Thank you very much.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
I haven't bought anything from them yet....but they definitley have it going on. I think those guys will eventually be the Dennis Kirk of wake.
Old     (lakeguy77)      Join Date: May 2002       06-15-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
I only placed one order with them so far, for a couple of DVD's, but they were great. Order status pages are update very quickly, always know where your stuff is.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-15-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
i just wish they would get delta sessions 2 in, they told me the end of may, but no luck yet
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-15-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
I rather buy from www.Buywake.com.Always a pleasure to work with The Boys in the ATL!

(Message edited by fumanchoo on June 15, 2006)
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-15-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
Almost any legitamate company in America would do the same, what did they do beyond what is expected in this instance? Not knocking wakeside as they always get the job done for me, but I'm not impressed. I'd be impressed if they refunded you for shipping?
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-15-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
Adam - I forgot to mention that Spencer from Wakeside took the time to email back and forth with me several times and also did follow-up on his own to make sure everything was being handled to my liking.

Yes, most legitimate companies in America would honor their similar return/exchange policies; however my experiences with most did not include the personal touch that Spencer gave to the experience.

Also, I agree with you that refunded shipping would be impressive and also understand from a business perspective why that is not something they offer (they'd be at the mercy of the shipping company costs and whatever way the customer chose to ship it - which could be quite costly).

Jim - In all fairness...I haven't been to www.Buywake.com yet so I'll have to check that out...although I think my loyalty lies with Wakeside since they are GREAT and only one state away from where I'm at. Thanks for letting me know. Good to know of other companies that are good to throw our money at.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-16-2006, 5:40 PM Reply   
if you live on the eastcoast then buywake.com is the way to go vise versa w/wakeside with the west if you want your stuff shipped the quickest to your door.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-18-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
Yea I love that site. I placed an order for a wakeskate on monday, it got shipped tuesday, and got here on wednesday! Plus they have the reward points system which is awesome! I've got like $15 worth of points already and i'm plannin on savin them up for a while so i can get something cool...but yea they are awesome..

Jamie
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-18-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
I love how Buywake signs the receipt... I think both companies are good.
Old    thug_hunter            06-18-2006, 10:58 PM Reply   
I also like how you earn money/points when you make purchases. That's why I choose wakeside over buywake.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-21-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
Spencer at wakeside is pretty on his game. I've ordered stuff from him before and he always remembers me which I find amazing. I think they rock.