Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-19-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
Has anyone used PVC board, such as Azek (azek.com), for a slider? I also saw they carry a PVC board in Home Depot under the name Tuf Board, I believe. I'm going to give it a try in a few weeks, just curious if anyone's used it, or has a reason not to use it.
Old     (whoisrockey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-20-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
i wouldnt recomend doing it with azek. I work for meeks lumber and there are many other alternatives to doing it. Most riders out there use trex decking. it has proved itself time and time again on sliders. another option that is my favorite is called rhino deck. its a little harder than trex and it slides alot easier. trex is soft enough that if you hit it with an edge you will put a little divot in it. rhino wont. also weatherbest is another product that works great as well as geo deck. these are only a few of many products out there however they all will do the trick. the azek product is designed as a trim/fascia product for trimming out a house whereas the decking is used to take the abuse. also the rhino comes in a 8" wide and a 12" wide fascia which is about 3/4 of an inch by 12" which is perfect for wider sliders rather than doubleing up the 6" material. it can be done many ways but i would stay away from the azek.
later,

sam
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-20-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
Thanks! That is exactly the kind of response I was looking for. The job I'm on now is using alot of that Azek. It seemed like it may work well. I might still throw a scrap of Azek on a dock we have just to try it out. But for sure I'm going to look into the rhino and the other brands like you said.
Appreciate the response