Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-07-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
So we rode this morning on Lake Oswego, OR and the KGW news helicopter followed us down the lake during my run. I was wondering if anyone caught it on TV it aired about 6:30 am on KGW (channel 8). I was going to get a copy of the video but they want $45 for it. Kind of funny there were two other boats out slalom skiing but the helicopter never even turned towards them.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-07-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
Can you talk to somebody at the station to see if the footage is any good? Seems to me it would cost thousands to get that kind of footage. Buy it!
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-07-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
45 bucks? Id definitely do it.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-07-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
Thats pretty cool, the same thing happened to us out at bartlett a couple weeks ago while I was riding, the station (channel 3) doesnt sell tapes of the broadcast and I was in TX when they aired it. It was still a pretty cool thing having the helicopter follow us and hover over us. My grandparents saw it on tv but taped over it the next day.
Old    jayp            06-07-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
So did you give them a good show Lyle?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-07-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
Can they take video of you without permission and refuse to give/sell you a copy of it?
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-08-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
I pulled off a couple Fashion Tantrums and Fashion Scarecrows for them. I talked to my neighbor who saw it and what they said on the news was, "We have been following this guy all the way down the lake doing flips, but we just turned on the camera and he fell." So I don't think it would be worth it to buy the footage.

The helicopter was out again this morning but we weren't riding. I think those guys get bored staring at traffic everyday and like a little entertainment.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old     (jdrcrew8)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-08-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
Lyle - They also had some helicopter footage of you a couple of months ago on Channel 12. I remember watching you ride as I was putting on my tie and being extremely jealous. You may try contacting them to see if they can dig it up. They even had you landing a couple of inverts.

Thanks for the side fins for the LF Trip board last summer. They are solid. Bryan
Old    eastcoastjedi            06-08-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
Who did you talk to at the station?
Did they get you to sign a release?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
i watch fox in the morning so i didn't see it :-(

if you haven't yet please check out www.pdxwake.com a portland area wakeboard community
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
he would only need to sign a release if they got in close enough to see his face, which i highly doubt
Old    jayp            06-08-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
Please excuse my ignorance. And I have plenty of it. But what the heck is a Fashion Tantrum?
Would this be your Fashion Raley?
Upload

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-08-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
Do you know what a fashion air is? It is just a tantrum with more back bend and grabbing your head.
Old    jayp            06-08-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
OK, I see. Like I said. I have plenty of ignorance. That would definately be hard to do with a Raley I would imagine.
Old    jayp            06-08-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
Lyle, we are riding Saturday. I need another lesson. Nobody else knows how to tell me what I am doing wrong. Or has the patience.

(Message edited by jayp on June 08, 2006)
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-09-2006, 8:30 AM Reply   
Lyle,

How is the big LO doing? I haven't been there in over a year, but I'll be heading there for about a week at the end the month.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-13-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
Bryan,
Glad the fins are working out for you. I heard we were on the news a couple of weeks ago also. I got a message from the Oregonian, the guy wants to talk to me, not about being on TV but about banning wakeboard boats on the Willamette. I guess he saw that I had attended the meeting last year about the topic.

Jay - Haven't been riding a ton lately in part due to the weather, also I have been monkeying around with making an internal balast system in the boat.

Sean - You will have to look us up when you are here. The lake is about the same as normal tubers aglore.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries