Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-23-2006, 10:35 PM Reply   
I was at the dock patiently waiting for my buddy to show up and saw a family that needed some help. So I helped them. They had been towed it on a brand new CHOPPER boat. They were on the test run from the dealership. How crappy is that. My buddy was raving about almost buying one of these boats. Then when he walked down the launch ramp, he pointed to the boat with his eyes lit up. It was this amazing orange Chopper. (Broke Down) I told him to save his money and buy a quality boat. I think he told me the boat was $42,000 for ther V drive and 35,000 for the direct.
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-23-2006, 11:16 PM Reply   
huh?
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-24-2006, 12:03 AM Reply   
i don't know that anyone's ever heard of Chopper Boats before... fill us in.

That having been said, what's wrong with a boat breaking down?
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-24-2006, 1:32 AM Reply   
I saw one at the Sacramento Boat show, the detail work left a lot to be desired.
Old     (jrhurst)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-24-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
just did a google search , and found nothing on chopper boats .. Must not be much of a company to not find them online !!
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-24-2006, 7:10 AM Reply   
I know that ski supreme does some type of chopper scheme on some of their boats.
Maybe thats what he's talking about.
Old    swass            05-24-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
I thought this was going to be a fiberglass rant.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
No Chopper is a boat comp. I saw them at the Sac boat show also. I think they only had like two boats a V-drive and a D-drive. As far as I know they have no relation to Supreme.
Old     (oldcentury76)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-24-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
saw it at the sac boat show... It seemed to me that it was a company that took a boat and "blinged" it out for you... didn't look to impressive.
Old    chopper            05-24-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
hey Craig how much did you get paid to say this bull? What did you did to help your buddies, were they drowning or what! For your information if this was to be a bad boat, my boats will not be in a dealer. Don't be greedy let other people succeed, there is plenty of business for everyone.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-24-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
Chopper, post some pics of your factory/boats. How many boats are you building this year?
...Hopefully more then the number of posts you have on WW.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
I believe Chopper might want to take an english grammar course before making any more posts.

Chopper, I am not sure if you understand how your behavior on this board can postively/negatively impact your business. Instead of attacking Craig, next time I would recommend sending him a personal message.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-24-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
(first off, note that I am not the person who started this thread -- that's a different Craig)

You can’t draw any intelligent conclusion from one instance.

I have to call crap on this thread. Chances are Chopper boats, even though I've never heard of them, uses an Indmar, Merc, or PCM power plant and there was some failure there. A simple new boat anomaly. If you're gullible enough to draw a conclusion from one experience, than you're an idiot. On the other hand, if 10 of your friends have these boats and they've all had consistent NON-ANOMALY poor craftsmanship problems, then maybe you can draw a conclusion about the quality of the boat. Heck for all you know, maybe the dealer ran it out of gas. Maybe it was poor craftsmanship on Chopper's part. Maybe PCM's fault. The reality is that we don't know and it's unfair to draw conclusions based on one experience.

I had the driver eject lanyard switch fail on my Malibu with 12 hours on it leaving me dead in the water. Is that Malibu's fault and am I telling people not to buy Malibu's? No, It was a standard Marine switch manufactured by who knows - I was just lucky to get that switch. Malibu simply bought the switch and mine happened to be bad.

Just last week I was leaving the dock and ran into a friend who was also headed out, he said he was going to tow in his friend who just bought a brand new Centurion. Are ALL Centurions bad?

I can't imagine the amount of design time it'd take to manufacture a boat these days. A company just starting out may have more problems than the big 3 who have 20-30-40-50 years of experience and design development. So cut the company a break - Look at Epic, they've come out with some revolutionary ideas that will benefit us all in the long run.

At last, more manufactures competing for your business equals lower consumer prices.

So cheer these guys on because maybe one day they'll put Malibu out of business and I'll feel vindicated about my failing switch........-sigh-.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-24-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
chopper=moose.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-24-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
"Chopper, I am not sure if you understand how your behavior on this board can postively/negatively impact your business. Instead of attacking Craig, next time I would recommend sending him a personal message."

The failure of one of only two Session dealers in Northern California can be attributed to a saleman's behavior on these boards. This despite selling a great, well made boat.

Chopper, get us a website, or some pics. We are very willing to plug a company that has nice product.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-24-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
jeff, well said.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-24-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
I think instead of Craig turning us off of Chopper boats, we are interested to know more about them.

I totally agree with vosquire & jeff. If they are willing to invest very big $$ and countless hours to design & build a boat, they must believe they have a viable product. Just think, they have looked at other boats (that we respect) and said "I believe we make that better" or "we can make that for less money" or "we can make a wakeboard boat totally different than anything else out there".

I say tell us more! Show us pictures! Tell us why we should consider a Chopper boat next time we buy.
Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-24-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
"hey Craig how much did you get paid to say this bull? What did you did to help your buddies, were they drowning or what! For your information if this was to be a bad boat, my boats will not be in a dealer. Don't be greedy let other people succeed, there is plenty of business for everyone."

I'm not sure how to respond to that.

Well anyways, either this post will tell people about Chopper Boats or make the owner look like a -$$$$$$$- . It looked like it had a Black Scorpion when they popped the doghouse. I must say that the guys at Pacific Marine Center in Madera were great, the boat went down and they towed it in with another Chopper. I simpily helped them hold it on the dock.

My buddy had looked at these boats at a sale at Sam's club or something like that. He told me about all of the great features like Tower, Speakers, Billet la da dah. I saw it first hand, it looked cool, but the one important part was that it wasn't running. I wasn't too impressed with the interior. However some of the ideas were in the right place.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-24-2006, 10:48 PM Reply   
I thought the one at the Sac boat show looked like a malibu sort of! Did not really pay too much attention to it honestly.But then again until recently I was hang up on Super Air's.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-25-2006, 12:11 AM Reply   
I looked at the Sac boat show exhibitor list and there was nothing mentioned on Chopper boats or anything like it..
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-25-2006, 1:02 AM Reply   
Just checking back for pictures...

The funny thing is we used to call the slutty girls in high school "choppers"

So we know there are at least 2 choppers out there...
"Well anyways, either this post will tell people about Chopper Boats or make the owner look like a -$$$$$$$- . It looked like it had a Black Scorpion when they popped the doghouse. I must say that the guys at Pacific Marine Center in Madera were great, the boat went down and they towed it in with another Chopper. I simpily helped them hold it on the dock."
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-25-2006, 5:25 AM Reply   
I'd like to see a pic too.Upload
Old    bigdtx            05-25-2006, 6:21 AM Reply   
Boats break all the time - even new ones. In my opinion you look like an ass if you come on here & start spouting about an entire brand based on what you saw one time at one dock. Spend some time on the water & you'll see lots of boats towed in.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
I remember I was in a Van's Triple crown tournament a few years back, the towboat (at that time the original X-star.. now X-1) broke down and they used the backup. I rode behind the backup and it had not been weighted properly (because they were in a hurry to get the division finished) and the wake was a bit washy on one side, and I ended up tanking on my run. Did I come running on here saying that Mastercraft are horrible quality and have sucky wakes and caused me to lose the tournament? Well.. no, because it doesn't matter what boat brand or engine brand, everything is going to have a problem. Was it the boat's fault that I didn't ride well? No, they were doing the best they could with the situation.
Before you made this post and blasted a boat company that you know nothing about, did you ever think that maybe they ran out of gas? Or maybe the battery went dead? Or maybe the belt broke? Just because the boat got towed in doesn't mean every boat is crap, thats an unfair and ignorant assumption to make.

And chopper, I suggest you freshen up your people and writing skills and make another attempt at your post. I read that three times and still have no idea what you said, that is not the way to turn people on to your boats. I know this is a message board, not an essay and people tend to type fast, but whether you want it to or not, the structure of your post can either make people think you are intelligent, or an idiot.
Ok, soapbox mode off.... where's the pictures?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-25-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
I agree that you can't say a boat mfg is junk after one experience.

I had 20 hours on my '05 Supra and had to get towed in (faulty fuel filter= $6 part)...I've towed in new MC's, Nauti's, Bu's, etc.

It happens...

Old     (jrhurst)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-25-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
so still no website with info on these boats ?? K,, i dont believe they exist !!!
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-25-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
My little Tige towed in a big "go fast" boat, that had caught fire. Guy was pissed because it only had 6 hours on it. ... It happens.

FYI, little boat pulling a huge one on a windy day sucks!!!
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
wheres the "this thread is worthless without pics" gif? when you need it
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-25-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
damn I was looking forward to actually seeing a new boat. hope your boat building is better than your PR
Old     (mitchm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-25-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
http://www.answers.com/topic/uss-chopper

I found them
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-25-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
wow that is a nice wake!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-25-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
About two minutes after losing electrical power, Chopper shot through the surface of the ocean, nearly vertical. The entire forward section of the submarine, to the aft edge of the sail, cleared the surface before she fell back. Her momentum carried down to a depth of about 200 feet before she surfaced again, leveled out, and remained on the surface.

Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-25-2006, 12:05 PM Reply   
Craig,

that boat from pacific marine centers was a Ski Supreme with chopper graphics. That is the one i was refering to. Or if it wasn't a Ski Supreme, it definitely looked like one.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-25-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
I swear Pacific Marine Center is just a front for
the russian mob or something. Any one else get that feeling over there?
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-25-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
How sad, is this a phantom thread about a boat/company that doesn't even exist? 30+ posts including my dumb***
Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-25-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
To my knowledge, Ski Supreme and Chopper are not tied to each otherr. Chopper is (from what I've been told is an outfit out of Madera. I thought Ski Supreme was built in Fresno, but their website contact is in Freemont, plus I have not see their manuf. plant around town.

"I swear Pacific Marine Center is just a front for
the russian mob or something. Any one else get that feeling over there?"

Your right, I better change the picture on my profile, there is something fishy about them. I don't want to end up in the bottom of Millerton with those man-sized catfish. They used to sell Malibus. I wonder why they don't anymore.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-26-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
OK Craig,

You were right. Chopper Boats are made in Madera.
Apparently by guys who left MB Sports. direct
drive 35K and 23 foot v drive 42K. They don't have a website yet and they are just finishing up
their Brochures.
Old    chopper            05-26-2006, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hey guys! Chopper Boats does exist.
Chopper Boats it's a newly formed company in Madera CA.
Chopper Boats has brought experienced associates that have been in the boat making business for nearly 30 years in Merced and Atwater CA.

Some of the best quality boats like Malibu boats, MB Sports, Calabria, and Centurion boats are well known companies manufactures that are Located in Merced and Atwater CA.
Pictures and website will be coming up soon.
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-26-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
LOL this guy is funny. Chopper must be making them in his backyard. Just think about the name. It doesn't sound good at all. Yes Pacific is the one who mess with Fresno State Basketball in the 90's. So stay away. lol
Old     (jrhurst)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-26-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
yep ,, still no website or pics for proof !!!!
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-26-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
They already sold a few boats. I have personally seen one, but i just thought it was a ski supreme with some corny graphic on the side.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-26-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
So what was the deal with Pacific Marine and Fresno State Basketball?
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-27-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
its the whole point shaving. The owners paid players to miss shots and now one of the owners is going to jail for tax stuff
Old     (psycho)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
let's see some pics