Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-06-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
i ordered a integrated bow sac and was wondering if anyone knew how many valve fittings come on the bag and where they are located.
thanks
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2006, 10:48 PM Reply   
It depends on when the bag was made, but since you just ordered it, yours will have five fittings, one on the end of each leg, one on top of each leg, and one on top right in the center of the bag.

Jason
www.wakeside.com
Old     (reto)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-07-2006, 3:48 AM Reply   
@william

the sac is for your new x-2? i would like to see some pics of the sac in your bow to see how it fits!! at the moment i use 2 side sacs for the x-2 bow, but its not a good solution...(not much weight)
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-07-2006, 5:00 AM Reply   
yeah the sac is for the X2. i hope it does come with the 5 fittings because that would make it easy for me to plumbing it in to the stock pumps.
thanks
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-07-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
I just ordered one last week also. Should arrive today. Got it for $179.00 from some on-line marine supply in Utah, but it was drop shipped directly from B.I.

The 5 fittings sounds like it would cover all the bases.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-07-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
I have the integrated bow sac and it does come with 5 fittings....the sac is awesome quality.....I have trouble filling it to its full potential in my sunsetter vlx though. I will probably end up sitting mine on the seats to get its full capacity.
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-07-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
It is good to hear that they finally woke up and got serious with the # and location of the fittings. When I bought mine 5 months ago, I talked to BI, and asked how each leg would drain without a fitting on each. They acted like I was crazy and said nobody has complained. So I paid quite a bit extra to get it custom made - just so it would work right. The bag is now in the boat, works great, excellent quality, etc. It just seemed odd that they couldn't understand that there was anything deficient in their design and wanted extra $$ to do it right.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-07-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
yeah that was my problem if i wanted to have it fitted in automatically i woul need fittings on both the legs so it empties completely.
Jeff i think most boats wont allow it to fill to its capacity but it does its job my utilizing all storage space without taking away any seating which is why i ordered one
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-07-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
Where can I get a custom integrated bow sack. I wana get one to put into my 06 x2 but I only want 500 lbs? I'm thinking of puting to fat buddies in the back 260lbs each and a 500 up front plus the stock 600. Do you think this is enough. I dont want to go to much cuz it has the RTP-1 and i dont want to have to change the prop and dont want to be waisting too much gas.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-07-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Manny you can order a custom bow sac from Fly High directly but it will cost alot more than just getting the stock one they make.
also they will still hold the same amount of water because the regular integrated bow sac will not fill to its maximum in the X2 because the storage capacity will not allow it.
my suggestion is to just get the normal one because it will fill to about 450-500 lbs.

also that weight ratio should be good because so far from what i have seen is that the boat needs to be pretty close to a 50/50 ratio
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-07-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
Manny, I completely agree with the above recommendation to just stick with the standard Integrated Bow Sac. You'll be limited in the amount of weight you can put in the bag based on the volume under the bow seats, and having more ballast capacity is always a good thing, even if you don't use it.

I've also found the same thing as William regarding the X2 chassis, it likes more weight up front than most other boats to keep it from porpoising.

Jason
www.wakeside.com
simple is better
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-08-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
Jeff, I have a 04 VLX and was interested in the bow sac. Do you have it plumed in or do you fill it manually? Also, when completely full how much weight do you think it holds?

I have the open bow sac now and it's massive, but I'm looking for something else because my wife wants her bow back.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-08-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
I'm also curious how much weight you can get in the 04 VLX?

I should know, I've dunked the bow and filled it with water enough...

Hey Dave - What's the address to online marine supply in Utah?

Jason - What happened to Wakeside's website? It's so VERY painfully slow now. I give up when looking around for stuff and go elsewhere.

(Message edited by yosquire on April 08, 2006)
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-08-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
Realistically, I think you'll get 450-500 lbs. into the Integrated Bow Sac in a VLX, that's just a rough estimate based on my experience with it. The bag is rated at 770 lbs. full, but that will be limited by the area under the bow seats. With Fly High's available fittings, it's really easy to integrate these bags into the boat in an automated system.

Craig- Are you still encountering speed issues on the site? With the redesign our traffic went through the roof, which was bogging things down. It should be better now, and we're working hard to streamline things for a better shopping experience.

Jason
www.wakeside.com
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-08-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
Will i be fine with the integrated bow sack and fat buddies in the back, 280 each. I just want to make sure that the front wont fill up to more than the back.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-08-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Jeff , would you want to trade for the open bow sac(1000 lbs.)?
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-08-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
Jason,

Yes still slow - seems a little faster right now. When I click on something, be it a catagory or an individual item, it takes an average of 4 seconds to respond. Maximum of 8, Minimum of 3.

Doesn't sound like a lot, but multiply that by 40 or so click when I'm checking stuff out.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-08-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
Manny, I think that would be a find ballast setup for your boat. Unless you already have the Fat Buddies though, I would consider the Pro X Series V-drive sacs. They're built to the same quality as the Integrated Bow Sac, and feature the same high quality fittings.

Craig, thanks for the info, the load times that you're finding are definitely unacceptable. I'm not in the office today, but first thing Monday morning we'll tear into it to see what the problem is. I appreciate your feedback.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-09-2006, 2:37 AM Reply   
Dave, what site did you buy your sac from?
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-09-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
I got it from Lake Elmo Sports (www.lakeelmosports.com), but after a previous request for this info, realized I really paid $189. On a more dissapointing note, they have raised the price up to $239.00. They dropped shipped it directly from BI, and my feeling is they mis-quoted the price on their web-site, and I took advantage of it.

Good luck...

(Message edited by awf_axis on April 09, 2006)