Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-13-2005, 6:58 AM Reply   
I am interested in getting someone to give my son Private wakeboard lessons. He is comepeteing this year in the advanced division. I am wanting him to get the ability to compete in the outlaw division
Does anyone know of a reputable instructor in florida who does this.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
Adam Fields just started doing Lessons in the Orlando area.........We had private lessons from him about a month ago @ my home lake and he was spectacular!!!!!!!!! Look him up and check out his credentials.......... He also has phone numbers where you can get a hold of him!!!!!! www.adamswakeboardschool.com Tell him Brandon sent ya!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-13-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
Mike Ferraro, OWC.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-13-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
Darin Shapiro at Ride the Spot or Shaun Murray and Travis Moye at The Boarding School if you can't get in with Mike Ferraro at OWC
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-13-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
My son went to the boarding school last summer, and this week he is at " The Projects " I was looking for someone who will give him, one on one instructions. It looks like the OWC is going to be the way to go.
Does anyone know how advanced Mike Ferraro can teach. Was he a pro wakeboarder?
Brandon: I sent en e-mail to Adam. Used you as a referance.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-13-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
Ferraro teaches the Best of the Best. His resume is one of the best you will find. Dallas, Soven, etc...

And I will second Adam. He is one of our local guys, but has moved to FL in the winter and back here in NC for the summers. He is in NC now, in between Pro Tour stops, and will travel to give lessons. He is an incredible teacher.

(Message edited by ndh2o on June 13, 2005)
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-13-2005, 3:23 PM Reply   
I have been very pleased working with Dave Briscoe. He has helped my 14 year old progress very rapidly. He is on tour all summer but available in the fall and spring in Winterhaven. Check out his website www.thewakeboardcoach.com He works with numerous pros and jr men. I couldn't afford private time with Ferraro.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-13-2005, 3:44 PM Reply   
Glen Fletscher @ O'Town Watersports
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2005, 5:12 PM Reply   
Sean O'Brien and Derek Seaman have started up a camp or one on one instruction.

www.orlandowake.com
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2005, 5:47 PM Reply   
Mike,

I am sure that you would be pleased with Adam. He can teach on pretty much any level and will help you with whatever it is that you want. He also taught us some tricks on driving and just overall wakeboarding etiquette(sp). He was a really cool guy to hangout with also.....

Everyone else: I've heard that the list for getting lessons with Mike Ferraro is like 10 miles long....and that he only picks who he wants for lessons.....Is this true???? If so that kind of sucks.......but with his name out there I guess he can charge whatever he wants....and he'll get it! ;-)
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-13-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
Mike Ferraro does pick who he wants because he is very busy. I am trying to have hime train my son and we have to wait until March. The place that many of the good riders go to is O'Town with Glen Fletcher. One on one and no BS.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-13-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   
One doesn't have to be, or have been a pro wakeboarder to be a pro level coach.

You can always look at some off the water coaching as well, such as a gymnast, trampoline, or diving, or course it will be supplemental to on water training.