Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-26-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
Going to Havasu this weekend and don't wanna bang my baby up!!

Good things to bring to try to keep her safe.1st time going so advise about where not to drive my boat etc.would be greatly appreciated as well.Throw your .02 in.
Old    walt            05-26-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
Dam Ed...Your a traveling man ! Delta last week Havasu this week.
I don't know jack about Havasu but if your tying off to a houseboat I always found that tubes made great boat bumpers. I would tie them on to the houseboat rail and let it hang over the side and there would be a few feet between my boat and the houseboat.
Have a great trip and get some pics !
Old    drewsky24            05-26-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
A keel gaurd might help incase you hit anything.
http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=9231886&storeId=10051&lan gId=-1&catalogId=10051
Old    walt            05-26-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
Extra prop and tool kit.
two way radio's
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-26-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
bombs
Old    walt            05-26-2005, 6:07 PM Reply   
And lots of them !
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-26-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
Beer
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-26-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
extra eyes to watch out for all the idiots around london bridge. if youre hanging around the island put out all your fenders just in case. most important thing is a digital camera! post pics
Old    walt            05-26-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
Ed, you better bring AntBug for the killer pics !
Old    hdub            05-26-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
everyone should bring bombs
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-26-2005, 6:29 PM Reply   
Sorry Walt.If he can't take pics from LA..they'll be no Antbug super pics.

On the bright side,I'm going with girls that will be wearing pasties instead of bikini tops!like a dozen of them....well ok half dozen!
Old    walt            05-26-2005, 6:35 PM Reply   
Ed, Do you have room for one more ? UHHHMMM pasties.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-26-2005, 9:11 PM Reply   
Havasu hey Ed... SWEEET!!!!
Careful beaching your boat at London Bridge, but make sure you hit up Copper Canyon too.
So I take it you wont be coming down to San V. sat....
Have fun dude!!!!
Next monday at Elsi I will bring the x-star. How much longer are you gonna be in so cal?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-26-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
Room on the boat? Yes

room in like a hotel? No...the girls got that one!

Beaching????I won't be doing that.I got an anchor and they better know how to swim.Hahaha

Sorry about not coming to San V.The girls really wanted to go to Havasu and get naked.All I have to do is take them and enjoy being the boat that every guy wants to be on!

As far as being in SoCal.To make the long story short....until I get the right loan for me.Could be a week could be longer.I thought it was gonna go really smooth cuzz I have outstanding credit but since I changed my mind about selling my present house,I'm having a difficulty getting the #s where I'm comfortable and know that that is the best loan possible.Huge step,got to make it right!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-26-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
So a few more mondays at elsi are in store right?

as far as things to bring to havasu.. camera, and lots of film for us back home to see all the
nakeness.. better not see nay of you Ed..only of the ladies please!!!LOL..
Old    swobee            05-27-2005, 1:10 AM Reply   
Hey Ed, just wondering if you're planning on riding at Havasu at all. I'm heading there myself but I don't forsee very much opportunity for good/safe water except maybe some early morning stuff but I don't plan on being in too good of shape in the a.m hours. The people I'm going with don't wakeboard either so I'm just counting on endulging in the fleshy scenery and the ice cold beer but if you're up for riding and need an extra than let me know and I'll look for you on the lake. I might just stop you to gawk at your boat if I see you there, anyways.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-27-2005, 6:38 AM Reply   
Yes a couple more at the least!
You guys don't wanna see any pics of me??But I'm sexy dammit!

Jim ~ I wasn't planning on riding for the same reasons you stated.I guess it can happen and I will take my board but my board I believe will be for looks only.If you got a dope camera,I'll make sure I get close enough.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-27-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
watch out for the drunk asses on PWCs and huge power boats. They are everywhere. Sandbar is the best spot to party during the day IMO. Have fun and be careful. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE BEADS!!!!!
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-27-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
Did they open the Sand Bar back up??? Its been closed the last few years.

Have fun, Ed. Its crazy as a Mo Fo down there!!! But so much fun! You have to hit up London Bridge, and Gasoline Alley. It's crazy. And, yea, like Scott said, watch out for the PWC's and power boats. When I was there 2 years ago, I saw a power boat slice a runabout in half, like butter. Just be careful, but have a blast!!

If you are gonna board, head up the CO River, early AM (6 am) is best, until about 9. Then the water is bad the rest of the day until about 6 pm.

Have a great time!!

Oh, PS, Dear God, dont forget the sunscreen!!! And apply ever hour or so. It's intense.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-27-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
Oh, and here is a link for more info too:

http://www.springbreakcityusa.com/memorialweekend.htm
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-27-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for all the responses.I'm off!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-01-2005, 8:46 AM Reply   
Back from Havasu and man I'm alittle speachless.I got some pics but some of them I can't post.

I'm not a computer wiz so it's gonna take me some time to post all the pics.

It was a fun and hectic(sp)?

post pics later!
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-01-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
I hope you used all your beads!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-01-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
Damn Ed, I missed you! I'll be posting pics soon too. Hooray for boobies!!!!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-02-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
lets see the pix!! :-)

hey Ed, how much longer till you move up to the Delta?