Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    h60swimmer            04-17-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
Went out on Friday and it was freezing about 50 degree's in a speedo...don't ask I lost a bet anyway I am looking for other spots to ride here in Maryland...The wakeboard scene is almost nonexistent here so any help would be great.
Old    dclems            04-17-2005, 2:06 PM Reply   
wakeboarding is pretty big on the severn river, i have a group we started our season there now we're moving up a couple rivers w/ less traffic, went out today and it was GREAT! how far are you from anne arundel county?
Old    h60swimmer            04-17-2005, 3:23 PM Reply   
I live about an hour south from Annapolis
Old    dclems            04-17-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   
damn dude.... well if your ever up in this area hit me up. gotta think w/ less riders in your area can be nice, there was about 10 boats out where we were today and seemed like it was the first time driving for all of them. thats why we're switching rivers where it's just us and another boat that are out there.... less traffic is good.
Old    h60swimmer            04-18-2005, 6:15 AM Reply   
Dude I agree.....there's no wakeboarders here but tons of big fishing boats that can care less about tearing up the water....I will definitely drive up north this summer and check out the rivers up there....hey can you camp there?
Old    dclems            04-18-2005, 10:07 AM Reply   
no places that i'm aware of to camp, it's pretty developed around me. we have the fishing and crabbing boats all over the place here. they're usually gone if your going for an afternoon ride but if u'r goin in the morning they're will be people running crab lines right down the middle of the river... gets annyoying!
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-18-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
Potomac River in Western MD. Dam 4 and 5 in Washington county. When we are not there, then we are at Lake Anna, VA.
Old    h60swimmer            04-18-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
Man Patt you have a nice boat...I will have to check out Lake Anna...I have looked all over the internet looking for info on places to ride around hear do you guys know of a web site that shows where docks are at or lakes or rivers that allow wakeboarding?
Old    bronco991            04-18-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
Lake Anna Definately The best in the DC Area
Old     (swampboy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-18-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
Dude, You must be close to me. I live in Lusby. We put in under the bridge at Solomons Is and head up the patuxant to ride. Come hang out some time!
Old    dclems            04-18-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
heck yeah lake anna! me and my group are planning a trip there the week of june 5th
Old    h60swimmer            04-19-2005, 5:49 AM Reply   
Swampboy...Yeah man that sounds cool are you familiar with the area? There are good places to ride over the bridge at Breton Bay or just up from solomons in St leonard creek...

Dan....is your group staying up at the lake that whole week..if so are you camping or doing the hotel thing?
Old    dclems            04-19-2005, 6:31 AM Reply   
we'll be over there until about thurs, and we'll definately be camping. we plan on getting there sunday night and riding monday morning... can't wait, i love lake anna.
Old    h60swimmer            04-19-2005, 6:42 AM Reply   
Do you camp there at the nationlal/state park?...
Old    dclems            04-19-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
i always stay at christopher run camp ground. i've been goin there since i was a little kid so it's familiar and i know the area around there... here's they're link http://www.christopherruncampground.com/
Old    h60swimmer            04-19-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
cool thanks man
Old    bronco991            04-19-2005, 9:29 AM Reply   
Stay at Dukes Creek Marina Camp Ground...Its the best :-d
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-20-2005, 10:53 AM Reply   
Hey Mike give me a shout sometime if you need anyone to go out. I live right in lexington park. gncbobby@aol.com
Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-20-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
Yeah Lake Anna definitely. Warm water and glass conditions. For the severn river, good calm water, but the jellie fish kill. }
Old    h60swimmer            04-22-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
What up Bobby...I was going to go this weekend but the rain is messin with me...so now I have to be responsible and plant some grass at my house. Just e-mail me your number there is usually room on the boat.. msarmd1029@msn.com
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-27-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
Dan when we getting this Lake anna stuff together. Also we need to get back out on the water is coming up to two weeks off......
Old    dclems            04-27-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
hahaha, glad to see you finally on here! i'm good to ride this weekend, i'm getting my stitches out on saturday so i'll be good to go sat or sun. as for lake anna i'm waiting for will, i wanna put in our reservation but also want some more riders, u should ask tony if he wants to go.

ps-love the pic