Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    loren            04-19-2005, 1:01 AM Reply   
Where is the best wakeboard scene in Wisconsin..also where are some of the other nice lakes to ride?
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-19-2005, 4:34 AM Reply   
Check out www.bsboardshop.com for some great contests and the southern WI scene. Also look into the Midwest Wakefest and the Midwest Militia for fun wakeboard events...granted they are hosted in northern IL but they are pretty great!

(Message edited by Lizrd on April 19, 2005)
Old    bmm            04-19-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
as far as good areas to ride, my experience is that you can find people to ride with pretty easily in madison, plus it's a fun town. there are also a lot of nice lakes in the lake country area just east of madison one hour where I live but you may have trouble finding people to ride with ( I do) But I'm sure there are many other good spots around Wisconsin. Check out my profile to see one of the best spots in the midwest to ride (RIP Phat Pond)
Old    bmm            04-19-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
Follow up

Sorry my profile pic is only on wakeboarder.com
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-19-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
hey brady...
check out dizzyg and stan tanner... I have ridden with dizzy and he is a good guy, and stan is one of his buddies... they are on lake okauchee!
Oh and thanks for the good mojo on the other post!
Old    bmm            04-19-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
thanks G
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-20-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
Guys let me know if you need a pull. I can hook you up.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-20-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
Stan... Hope you don't mind I threw your name out there, being how I have never met you personally, but dizzy talked highly of you and you have always been helpful on this board, and also supportive of offering pulls... I was never able to hook up with you last year as we got pretty busy this way with a pretty good group of guys!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-20-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
stan i just need a driver lol brady we are riding this weekend
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-20-2005, 10:52 AM Reply   
as far as a scene in wi goes i have heard oconomowoc kids are killin it......and i think i heard kenosha got the pro nationals or some other big contest this year.....
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-20-2005, 10:53 AM Reply   
hey brady do you what became of the phat ponds sliders? I heard they were floating ones and i would seriously be interested in trying to get my hands on one
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-20-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
Mike
I was just up that way last weekend, they are still sitting in the dried up pond, they dont look like they were floaters though... they are all standing quite high off the ground, one of these days when you dont have do you should ride up there, the land is for sale, so I am sure no one would miss those sliders!
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-20-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
Also, I havent verified this but I have heard through the grapevine that gerry nunn and another pro will be here in Janesville for a week in july, I will try to get more info.. but it will be like $250 for a day of instruction and riding with them!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-20-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
$250 buys a lot of gas to teach myself with....
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-20-2005, 11:26 AM Reply   
I know, just throwin out there
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-20-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
Gordon,
No problem. If anyone needs a pull in the oconomowoc area I can usually hook them up.

Mike, do you know who is riding good out in the oconomowoc area? I wouldn't mind riding with some others that can rip.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-20-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
nunn and murray are the riders that will be here for the week, if nothing else it would be fun just go watch em ride!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-20-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
yup, the phat pond rails are still on the side of the lake, and they aren't floaters.

The for sale sign isn't there anymore, but I suppose that doesn't mean the lake was bought...I haven't heard anything.
Old    ryan26            04-20-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
kenosha has the wwa nationals this year
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-20-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
HERE IS THE INFO..
gerry nunn and shawn murray are going to be in janesville wi for a week this summer here is the info, I know $250 is a lot of gas money, but you never know who might be interested

Feel free to put out the word about the clinics with
Shaun and Gerry. People can sign up for 1-5 days
(they can split days with their friends). Two boats
will run each day and there will only be four riders
in each boat. The number of spaces is limited and
spots will be filled on a first come basis (with 50%
deposit required). The cost is $250 per rider per day
and includes lunch. Contact the Shulers at
shulerdental@yahoo.com or 608-290-7811.

> >We are going to be hosting Shaun Marray and Gerry
> Nunn
> >and the Backyard Tour in Janesville July 13-17.
> Our
> >plan is to limit it to eight riders per day (four
> in
> >each boat) so that everyone can get quality riding
> and
> >interaction time. It is going to cost $250 per day
> to
> >ride with Shaun and Gerry (this compares to $350
> per
> >day if you go to Florida and ride at Shaun's camp
> for
> >a day.) Let us know if you have any interest in
> >riding with them. We have to send a deposit early
> in
> >May so we will have to collect a deposit from
> >interested riders.
> >
> >Also, let me know if you have any ideas where Gerry
> >and Shaun could possibly set up camp with their
> RV's
> >and boats. Our tentative plan is to operate out of
> >the North Traxler boat launch but I know that you
> ride
> >on the river a lot and may have a better idea.
> >
> >Talk to you soon,
> >Andy Shuler
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-20-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
I already did the work to try to get the sliders from Phat Pond....Tracked down & contacted the owner (one of the guys that put the $ in for it)... He was kinda a jag & said he would just let it set there... Thought I would try to give him some money for them since he "lost" so much... But thats another story....

I saw Schuler at Tyrol last weekend and he said something about Murray & Nunn coming around the week of Mid West Wake Fest....
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-20-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
forrest, you're not talking about grant, right? I had heard grant was MIA, which was totally weird..but it's old news too.

I was at tyrol last weekend and it was a blast!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-21-2005, 10:06 PM Reply   
no...Grant is apparently long gone.... I got ahold of Par, he put the money in for PP, Grant just ran it for him.

You were at Tyrol too???? Sorry I didn't run into you (I had a white Onewest t-shirt on both days).....
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-22-2005, 8:16 AM Reply   
Yeah, I had heard he ran out east..it was crazy.

That's ok that you didn't see me, because you would have never known it was me! I only went to jib on saturday, and i was wearing a red hoody the whole day.

That was the first one I've ever been to (I couldn't go last year due to a knee issue, and previous years didn't have enough snow). Again, it was a blast hiking and riding in such nice weather...I wanted a tan, but the clouds rolled in by the end of the day. at least it didn't rain.

Oh, and I met the oakley rep, who's an ex-snowboarder--jason gerardi. YEAH! We talked about the water for a bit and he actually wants to try wakeskating, so that's cool.
Old    h2oskidds69            04-22-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
Shaun Murray and Gerry Nunn are two of the nicest and best riders that you will find. It always amazes me how these guys can pick out little flaws with your riding that can make a huge difference. High quality coaching can really save a lot of time and prevent some unnecessary injuries. We are limiting the number of riders so that everyone will get plenty of riding/instruction time. If you want more info about the clinics just contact me.

As for the Phat Pond, Grant had a great idea that would have been good for wakeboarding in Wisconsin. Unfortunately, like many start up companies it did not survive. We saw Grant last summer at the Texas Ski Ranch. He was driving truck and stops at TSR when he is in the area. I believe he is back in Wisconsin and I know he would like to get the Phat Pond back and make it successful.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-22-2005, 11:05 AM Reply   
was at tyrol also.....on two planks
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-22-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
and huge thanks to gordon for giving me a pull yesterday.....it was very nice to help you test out that steezy ballast system.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-22-2005, 10:23 PM Reply   
When I last talked to Par about the PP he was pissed (to be very polite about it) about the whole situation. I know he wanted to find Grant, and I don't think it was to have a beer w/ him. So if he is in Wisco, he better be careful.

Also, I have some friends that saw a PP truck in Fla. about 6 months ago... it still had the Wisco phone number on it... hhhhmmmm......

ANYWAY, Grant was a great guy and I was said to hear he left the area.

www.midwestwakefest.com