Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    jositox27            12-10-2004, 9:22 PM Reply   
Hey I recently started cable wakeboarding here in deerfield beach, florida (ski rixen usa) I was just wondering if there is any cable riders around here
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-11-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
If Orlando counts as "around here", I ride at OWC all the time. Much better cable than Rixen. Although you guys do have some of the best cable riders down there.
Old     (rob_kc)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-12-2004, 7:54 AM Reply   
I ride and work at the KC watersports park here in Kansas. Cable has taken over as my favorite way to ride. I was able to progress three times as fast than behind a boat. The ski rixen riders are off the hook. Watching them and all the other cable riders at the cable nationals was unreal! Anyone who has not hit a cable park yet needs to make it a must for the 05 season.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-12-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
i ride at rixen a few times a week. the kids here are insane and when i say kids, i mean it. these kids are 14 and 15 years old throwing ts bs 7s (never seen behind the boat) and every flats trick imaginable, not to mention the other pros like rob mapp or chad forrest, got some good riders at rixen
Old    jositox27            12-12-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
Yeah guys. I see rob mapp and chad forrest ride all the time. and your right kids here are amazing my friend marc shuster is 14 and he rocks. and my other friend is diego hes 13 and hes landing double s bends already...

and josh, ive riden the orlando cable and i like the rixen cable better but you guys do have a better lake and better obstacles. So I guess it just depends on what your used to.

(Message edited by jositox27 on December 12, 2004)
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-13-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
I'll be making a trip down to the OWC from Ohio on the 22nd and maybe 23rd. Is anyone from wakeworld going to be there those days? I'd really like some tips on getting air off the cable if anyone has any.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-13-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
If the weather's nice I will probably be there. Should be taking the rest of the year off work starting this Friday (if they let me).
Old    jositox27            12-13-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
Josh are u coming down to Rixen?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-14-2004, 4:38 AM Reply   
JB I'll more than likely be there on the 22nd
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-14-2004, 7:38 AM Reply   
Sounds good John and Kristian, hopefully I'll run into you when I'm down there. Well, if I see you down in the water I won't actually try to run into you and I'll try to get out of your way quickly when I wreck myself on the sliders. I'll be down there with my family, there's 10 of us so we should be hard to miss. I think just my dad and I will be riding, I'll probably be wearing a black shorty with tan board shorts and I have fairly long hair. So feel free to say "hi", give me some tips, or yell at me if I'm being an idiot. Do you guys know of any group discounts or specials I could swing, I know there's a couple others in my family who would like to try it but probably won't want to do it much.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-14-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
I think that you can arrange a group discount. Contact the office (www.orlandowatersports.com) and see if you can work it out in advance.

If I'm there it won't be hard to figure out who I am. Probably the only 49 yr old guy hitting sliders and doing inverts. Hopefully this cold spell we are having will pass on by and it will warm up.
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-17-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
hey im gonna be at ski rixen in about a week i think on thurs of next week it would be awesome tpo meet up with some other people there. i have never riden a cable but im makin a trip to florida and decided i had to try it. if anyoune is interested write me an email at wakeboard047892@MSN.com
Old    jositox27            12-17-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
Cool. Ill probably see you there. Well im gona go to sleep now. I have a date with rixen tomorow morning
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-20-2004, 5:03 AM Reply   
Cool JB see you there. I'll be the one with CWB zeus bindiings (the ones with the chrome studs).
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-20-2004, 10:43 PM Reply   
cable at kc is cool except they close alot and need to work on getting some of the stuff they built accually in the water
Old    jositox27            12-21-2004, 5:36 AM Reply   
never been to kc nor texas. but i thihk the united states needs more cable parks.

4 cable parks.. It should be around 50 :-)

Anyone know of any plans to build more cable parks?
Old    slidervinny            12-21-2004, 6:55 AM Reply   
fort myers is in the process of building a cable park. well they are clearing the lake and have bought the equipment. that is about as far as they have gotten so far. i think the docks might be the next thing but it might need to cleared of gators. i am tinking they will be done in a year and a half
Old     (rob_kc)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-21-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
60 ft box, 2 kickers, 5 and 3 ft, and a 80 ft a-frame. Lets not forget the numorous obstecles to ollie over. KC watersports had "some of the stuff they built" accually in the water. Not a bad set up for an opening season. 05 season should have a few new crazy ideas.
Old    jositox27            12-21-2004, 6:52 PM Reply   
Yeah but the schedule at KC is horrible. It should be open more often :-)