Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-09-2004, 12:43 PM Reply   
So the new lines look pretty nice but I got a few questions. Okay so how come the Lidberg pro model looks just like the Origin Weddington of old? Why is Murphy's pro model the Nelson of old? Why is the Blade now called the Wolf? I am so confused. aside from that, they look pretty good. I loved that Origin board, I wonder how similar it really is. What's your guys' take?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-10-2004, 4:51 AM Reply   
Stephan I rode the Lidberg and the origin skull (same as the weddington) back to back and they are pretty differant. the channels on the lidberg are way bigger that grow into some molded in fins (I'm guessing they're about .8 or and inch deep). It rides super well and fast. Alot more stable than the origin and lands softer too.
It seems they just gave Murphy the nelson mold when he retired.
And the Wolf might have something to do with Ryan Wolf (then again I thought he spelt his name Wolfe) so thats just speculation.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-10-2004, 10:33 AM Reply   
Yeah I thought Ryan Wolfe had always rode for Jobe or whatever they wanna call it now. Maybe Jimmy Wolf? But he rides Hype... I'm still confused.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-10-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
yeah, ryan wolfe rides for blindside. i thought he left jobe and went to another company before he went to blindside. not that it matters, i guess.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-13-2004, 5:48 AM Reply   
Ryan Wolf rides the Blade, now his signature board. Saw it first hand and he confirmed it to me in October, 04.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-13-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
No it is the LUKE WOLF. One of the first riders consistantly doing 7's and 9's way back in the day.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-13-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
Doesn't Luke spell his last name Wulf?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-13-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
I believe Jeff is correct. He was a Double Up fella from way back.