Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (98air)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-02-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
I'd like to find hardware that I can use to fold my tower, and not breakaway pins as they have bolts that wear out. If I wanted an ugly ass folding tower like monster tower I'd have bought one, but I like the Nautique towers best!
Old    sbvfive            07-02-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
Hey, first of all don't come on here asking for help and then make fun of Monster Towers. Monster Tower is this messege board's resident tower expert, and if anyone could have helped you it would have been him. Secondly, I cut my old tower and welded plates that way I could hold it together with quick connects. I know that u said that they will wear out but mine didn't. I used Moroso brand T handle pins with a saftey lock. For two pins it was $30. They are a made for a racing applications, they are plenty strong.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-02-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
To each their own, I got an email last week from someone saying they would not let their dog have a night with our swimsuit models becuase they were all the ugliest women he had ever seen. I'm still trying to figure out where that guy lives, I'll be on my way to that place

Post a picture of your tower and maybe some of us ugly ass tower builders can provide some ideas.
Old     (98air)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-02-2004, 1:31 PM Reply   
No, I'll take the women if my wife would also! Hey, it's great that you (monster towers) provide a tower for someone and don't charge 2400 bucks for it! I had posted some time ago regarding a folding tower and where to get hardware and monster tower basically solitated me for their tower.
nonfolding tower
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-02-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
He solitated you? Maybe that's why you don't like women.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-03-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   

Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-04-2004, 12:15 AM Reply   
If you are going to put your telephone number on your profile, ya just gotta expect to get solitated (most likely at dinner time).
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-04-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
I thought solitated was something a man did to another man that made him really angry and also caused him not to like women anymore. I guess he meant solicited. My bad.
Old     (98air)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-06-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
Well, fuc* this thread!
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       07-06-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   

Rob, you came in and insulted one of the most respected companies in this industry.. and didn't even apologise when Bill was good enough to help you out...

Now you are angry at people who made a light joke?

Hows Fuc* you sound?

Just my 0.2c's... sorry to butt in.
Old     (98air)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-07-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
I respect who?
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-08-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
Respect everyone. Were all wakeboarders here.

Check out www.diyTower.com for eTec marine. You need 4 male and female fold down tabs. There is a guy named Raul in CA you need to find, search the boards. You'll need to cut the tower and get these items welded in. Make sure the rear ones align with the rotation of the tower when you weld them.
Old     (98air)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-09-2004, 6:19 PM Reply   
thanks! Kudos to Monster Tower!
Old    foobysmacker            07-10-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
Yeah. Monster Tower is a great community member who's always helpful in his posts. If I needed a tower I would certainly talk to him just because of that fact.

And wtf on the bad 'tude re: soliciting? MT doesn't get paid for being a good community member-- he runs a business. His business does well because he sells a product. Damn right if you ask a question that's in my line of business I will answer you AND try and sell you something, too. And if you're not interested, the proper response is "no, thanks" and I'll say "thanks for your time" and leave you alone (as I'm guessing MT would as well).

It seems like so many people have been freaked out about things like night-time courtesy calls, unsolicited phone calls at home, sales spam, etc. that they just go ballistic when someone offers to sell them product even when THEY are the ones asking questions showing they are in the market for such a product.

I agree. Respect everyone. And when someone ticks you off-- get over it. Go boarding.
Old    kpndtube            07-14-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
Does anyone know where I can find a tower for my Wave Runner. I also am looking for a place I can find some mounts for a tower. If I find some mounts, I have a friend that can fabricate a tower. Please let me know and thanks for your time.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-14-2004, 10:01 PM Reply   
The only company that makes a PWC tower is WakeDesigns. I have never heard from owners so I dont know anything about it.

I just found Raul's ebay site and added it to www.diyTower.com, he can hook you up with the mounts you need.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-17-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
My pal just bought his first boat, a Ski Brendella, and had a Monster Tower on it within a week. He received it the day after he ordered it. I was very impressed with the construction, it is top quality and was very reasonable compared to other towers, esp. folding ones. I thought they were a little odd looking at first, but form follows function and they work well all around. You get used to the look of it, and around here (ATL) every third boat has a Monster Tower on it anyway!