Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    r_dub            07-06-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
Ok, so you guys have to check this out. I was just looking under the classifieds, accessories and there is a post in there for some guy selling his "wakeboard school"

Here's the post

"With the increase in popularity of wakeboarding... and my increased work load at home and at work... I would like to have the Wakeboard School I have built over the past 5 years continue on... I just dont have the time to continue at the pace that it requires...

In the sunny South Okanagan British Columbia, Penticton BC... The only wakeboard school in the area...

$75,000 cdn funds Firm.

- Includes database of all the riders who are or have been members in the past.
- Brand New 2004 Sky Supreme V220 - Completely Loaded!!!
- Obrien & Hyperlite Inventory.
- All jackets, ropes, carbon fibre handle, bumpers etc.
- Rave 40 foot slider.
- Take over the website, and telephone number.
- Includes all 2004 brochures and advertising materials.

Basically, you pay... take over the keys and you will already have sessions booked. I have groups that ride regularly everyday.

All I ask for is $75,000cdn and a preferred riding rate for myself when I have the time to join you for a ride".

WOW, that is not your normal everyday post!

(Message edited by r_dub on July 06, 2004)
Old    r_dub            07-06-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
Yeah buddy, I'll take it. My check is in the mail!
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-06-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
That guy's been around a while. I'm pretty sure he's serious and it actually sounds like a great opportunity for someone who would otherwise build the business from scratch. Whether you like the setup or not, I think it would be a lot easier to shape this established business than to get one off the ground.

I doubt anyone will move from FL, CA, TX, etc. to take over a wakeboarding school in B.C. but he might find someone more local.
Old    r_dub            07-06-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
Yeah, Im thinking it's not a good bussiness decision to open something like that in BC. Well, I guess you could have a giant ice skating rink to keep the funds coming in, through the winter.
Or wait, what about hosting curling tournaments!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-06-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
ryan, why are you rippin' on this guy, his ad, and where he lives? you're not any better...you're in freakin' cincinnati! like salmon tacos said, it sounds like a great opportunity and a lot easier to take over something, rather than starting from zero.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-06-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
....add into this, though I am no master of the conversion rate, the 75 K CDN is probably close to what you are getting in hard assets, boat, boards, equipment, brochures and advertising materials bla...bla...bla.

By his website it looks as if they get to ride approx. 5 months a year, which is about the season for half of us anyway.

E.J.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-06-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
$56,500 American = $75,000 Canadian

E.J.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       07-06-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
Joe, if you had left this sentance off of your post, "you're not any better...you're in freakin' cincinnati!", it would have come across soooo much better.
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       07-06-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
yea i saw the same add looks pretty good i went to the web-site was thinking about buying it too
Old    r_dub            07-07-2004, 5:31 AM Reply   
Hey Joe, chill dude! I really wasnt ripping on this guy. I was just making the comment that this was not your normal post. As for his location, BC kicks ass. I go snowboarding there every year. But I think anywhere that doesnt have all year wakeboarding would not be a good place to open up a wakeboarding school. Including Cincinnati!
As for the Cincinnati comment, Dude you are really stretching to try and insult me there.

Anyway, I just thought it was ironic because, here I am, going to the classifieds, under the accessories, looking for a good deal on a fat sac or something, and I see a post for an entire wakeboard school. I bit ironic, dont you think? Well I guess in a way, it's kinda like a bunch of accessories, haha.

Oh yeah, WKRP was the best show ever! Dont mess with the nati!

(Message edited by r_dub on July 07, 2004)