Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-19-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
This is in response to an old thread I started, located here:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/106154.html

The issue I was having was that the 2004 side sacks have a center chamber inside them, and the water would get trapped inside when draining, leaving about 60+ pounds of water in the bag. In case anybody else has these and is having the same problem, I figured out how to drain them.

And yes, I know how stupid thid posts sounds, but trying to drain these sacks all the way has been a huge pain in the %$#)@.

To drain them all the way, all that you have to do is drain them as much as you can with the pump. When draining stops (because the outer chamber is dry, but inner chamber still is holding water), roll the sack onto its side.

When it's on its side, the seams from the inner chamber (in the shape of an "0") will be on the floor, and on top...the drain plugs (usually on top), will be on the side. The water will slowly drain to the outer chamber (takes 20 seconds or so).

Turn the pump on again, and roll from one end...all the water will come out. (try rolling the sack when it is right side up, and nothing will happen).

Again, I know how stupid this sounds, but there is a design flaw with the 04 LP Side sacks...they are designed differently than the previous models. Once I figured this out, draining is no big deal at all...

Hope somebody finds this useful. Please don't make fun of me?!?!