Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (buzzardmountain)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-11-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
I'm replacing my crap Clarion 6 1/2's with JL Audio's. I have a '97 Nautique closed bow. The speaker at the drivers foot was simple to replace. But the speakers along the sides I can barely get my hand up there much less anything else. I don't think a right angle drill would help cause there's not enough room. Does all this mean I have to try and remove the entire side panels?
Give me some guidance please!

Thanks
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-11-2004, 6:01 PM Reply   
Yeah, I'm sure you'll have to remove the side panels. I'm doing mine this weekend and was told that was the way to do it. Just curious, which jl's did you go with? And are you replacing the stock wire as well?
Old    hpdvs            05-11-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
Yeah, I have a 97 SAN(super sport) and I want to replace the four stock speakers as well, where did you get your speakers? How much? Do you like them? What did you buy to replace the speakers? Sorry for so many questions just intrested in doing the same thing
Old     (buzzardmountain)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-11-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
Tom, JL XR650-CXi and yes I'm replacing the stock wire. They come with a external crossover so each speaker gets one wire for woofer and one for the tweeter.

steezin, EBAY can't remember the sellers name or price right now. Good service, I'll check the name and price and get back with you. I think they were $160.00 a pair plus shipping.

So how much of a pain in the a$$ is it to remove the side panels. I can barely see up there.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-11-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
Robin, what are you replacing the stock wire with? Where are you going to mount the external crossovers? I also got the xr650cxi's for 160, shipping included, from streamlinemotoring.com. seem to be good guys to deal with.
Old     (buzzardmountain)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-12-2004, 5:07 AM Reply   
I'm mounting the crossovers in the closed bow area. I'm adding a second battery and I've built a battery tray with a removable front piece that will have the crossovers mounted to it.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-12-2004, 8:06 AM Reply   
You guys with the Nautiques will need to remove the side panels. I have a 95 Sport and it It was fairly easy to do.
Old     (buzzardmountain)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-12-2004, 9:56 AM Reply   
Just removed one side panel. OMG it took forever. Got speakers installed on that side. Taking a break so I can attempt the other side. How do they put those panels on at the factory? A couple of places I could barly get my hand up there with a wrench.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-12-2004, 1:03 PM Reply   
Take the seat bases off the floor. It's very easy and gives you complete access up under there.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-12-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
I'm talking Super Sport........
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       05-12-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
I replaced my stock Clarions without removing the side panels. But it was a PITA. Wish I had removed the panels.