Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old     (ccraftskierfan)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-20-2004, 4:52 AM Reply   
I have been reading the archives articles regarding a couple of boats I am considering to replace my little old 1975 CCraft Skier (great boat btw). I haven't seem any direct comparisons between these two models.

My family is getting bigger (3 sons) and the 16' boat is just too small, so I am looking at Malibu's Wakesetter or Supra Launch LTS. I still like to slalom and my boys all wakeboard, so I think either boat will be a good match for us.

Supra seems to include much more standard equipment than Malibu. The boats are different in the way they create the wake (Malibu has the "fin" and Supra comes with wake plates and 2 tanks). As someone who is new to wakeboard boats, I am looking for objective opinions.
Old     (darty)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-24-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
I had an LTS...they are really great boats, and even though they are kind of small compared to many wakeboarding boats, they throw out a very nicely shaped wake--awesome lip and ramp. (I'll post a pic later if I can). My little bro is a state ski champ here in KY, and our dealer is making passes @ 39 1/2 off. They both agree that it is probably the best ski wake they've ever been across (the dealer is a good friend that my parents have boated w/ since mid-70's, so he wasn't trying to just sell a boat). The LTS is definitely one of the best cross-over boats on the market. I haven't been around the wakesetter, but I know that you (and your boys) will not be disappointed with the LTS.
Old    vandal            03-24-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
Malibu Wakesetters SV 23 hull is outstanding for slalom and wakeboarding wakes. I would whole-heartedly recommend the Wakesetter LX. I firmly believe it is the best cross-over (slalom/wakeboard) boat on the market. Make sure you carefully consider the dealership you will buy from as that may ultimately be the deciding factor. How well will they stand behind you if anything should ever happen?. Both boats would work great for what you are looking for but, in my opinion, fit, finish and overall performance go to the Malibu. Considering you have a CC, it's curious as to why you didn't consider the Air 216. Great boat as well.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-24-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
i think the Wedge is a great feature for crews that want to switch between slalom & boarding; generally much faster than filling/draining ballast. i believe the Setter is a bit larger and deeper freeboard too. the Supra has a superior slalom wake from what i've heard. demo! :-)
Old     (mississippireb)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-25-2004, 7:11 AM Reply   
According to what I have read, you may do well to go with a Malibu Sunsetter LXi. From what I have read on the www.malibuboatowners.com board, it is probably a better crossover boat than the Wakesetter. BTW, I own a Wakesetter, so I'm not plugging my boat. Quite the opposite actually. You may want to check out that site, as similar topics have been discussed at great length.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-25-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
Go for Supra all the way. PM me or email me and I can prove to you Supra is a better boat.
Old    whitevlx            03-25-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
I'm partial to Malibu's seeing as I own a VLX.

The Wakesetter is an awesome boat, it has good slalom performance, drop the wedge and it's a great wakeboard boat. The wakesetter does not come with a foil or center ballast as std, but can be added fairly inexpensively. IIRC base boat is 29K add a single axle trailer, wedge, and center ballast,speaker pre-wire and walk out for around 33K +tax. Whatever boat you buy I advise adding the stereo later, you'll get a better deal from a local stereo shop.