Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old    bobbymucic            02-24-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
My Goodyear Marathons are max rated at 50 PSI, but I've been running them around 32-34. I'm curious to what others are running.

Thanks
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-24-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
I run mine at 42psi.
Old    g3revenge            02-24-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
pump them up or they will get hot if you drive far or at high speed.

go for 50 and mark the tire with some white chalk across the tread. if they are overinflated, the chalk will wear in the middle.
Old    x10            02-24-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
I run ours at 50 psi and they are wearing evenly. This is the recommended pressure to carry the load and minimize heat build up that leads to tire failure.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       02-24-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
50 psi here. I have the valve stem covers that tell you if your tires are under inflated. Came with them from the factory, the covers are the 50 psi ones. They show green on top if your at corrrect pressure and go down to red when the tires lose pressure.
Old    bobbymucic            02-24-2004, 9:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info so far. I did some more web searching, and found that I should be towards the upper end of my pressure max (50).
Old     (blacter)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-25-2004, 1:22 AM Reply   
What about balancing trailer tires? Is it necessary?
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-25-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
its not necessary but you might notice a smoother ride if you do. it seems to be getting more common to balance trailer tires.
Old    bobbymucic            02-25-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
When I switched out my carlisle tires for goodyear, discount tire center did balance them. However, they also told me to run about 34 PSI in them.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
I never would have run mine at 50 psi, except they came from the factory that way. So I will stay with their recomendation. Of course I have a Tige' 22I and they are one of the heavier boats out there. With trailer close to 4500#s.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-25-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
I just replaced my trailer tires. I was running them a bit low and it wore out the sides of the tires really fast because trailer tires have stiffer sidewalls than normal tires. I still had good tread in the middle, but the sides were almost bald. Bruce at DHM told me I should make sure I'm running at 50 PSI from here on out.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-25-2004, 12:30 PM Reply   
Doesn't it say 50psi cold on the side of the tire? If so do it to that, that's what I do.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-26-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
does anyone read the label, it says "MAX PSI" not what you are supposed to run but the max the tire is rated for, wont hurt unless you consider wearing out prematurely is hurting the tire. Why do you think car tires have one number and on the drivers door pillar there is another number "DUE TO THE WEIGHT OF THE VEHICLE" . Trial and error but dont run them too low or like others have said, they will cost you a bloew out.
Old    g3revenge            02-26-2004, 10:48 AM Reply   
chalk them and write down the pressure that will give you even wear.