Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    blr            01-30-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
i am going to my local tige dealer tomorrow to order a new 24v. anyone else out there own one or been in one? looking for things you like/dislike and what you would or might change if you could.

thx!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-30-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
Kinda late to be asking these questions if you are ordering one tomarow isn't it?
Old    blr            01-30-2004, 3:33 PM Reply   
ya, your right. i have totally made up my mind that is the boat that i will be getting and have talked to a few people about it. just doing one last sanity check. have i seen you out at standley before? this is a pic of the boat i will be replacing. be good to hook up with some more riders.
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       01-30-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
Have you tested one? Also, have you tested any other brands that are the same size and price range? If so, then you should know if this is the boat you really want.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-30-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
www.tigeowners.com will also help you out with your questions.

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-30-2004, 4:41 PM Reply   
Tige 24V... good choice. I just ordered a new boat.. but I could not get the deal I wanted a new Tige. We were thousands of dollars different on the difference I wanted to pay after my trade. I have always liked Tige.. and I am a very fussy buyer. I call everyone before I buy a boat. One of the people I called were some of the people at Waterski and Wakeboard Mag. Their favourite in the Tige line was the 24V... if that means anything to you.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-30-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
Thumbs up from a 22V owner that is still pondering the "Should I get a 22V or 24V question" 3 months after getting it. I lounged in the 24V at the Atlanta Boat Show.
Old    blr            01-30-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
greg - i've looked at everything else in it's "class" and imo it wins on every front. i am sure that this is the boat that i really want. my face hurts from smiling! i'm jst wondering if there is one thing that someone doesn't like about the boat that i am overlooking. jst curiousity more than anything.
kyle - that is good to know for sure.
bill - same thing here! 22v?....24v?....22v?...
Old    bigd            01-31-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
Haven't been in one on the water but have looked at it several times up close. Great boat, tons of room, etc. Tige has really come a long way in the last 3 years.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-31-2004, 2:26 PM Reply   
The only thing I have ever heard about the newer interiors of the Tige's that people would want to add... is the use of the gunnel for smaller things like gloves... suntan lotion... etc... just pockets or webbing for some of the little things that get used in a boat. Oh and one other things... which I don't know if it applies on your model... bot the location of the switches... some are located behind the steering wheel above the steering column... makes it difficult to press a switch on the fly...

ENJOY YOUR NEW BOAT!!!!!
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       01-31-2004, 8:12 PM Reply   
BR, there will always be something about a boat that someone doesn't like.

It sounds to me like you really want the 24V. That should be all the justification you need.

Go buy it and don't look back.

Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-01-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
B,

What color you gonna get?
Old    simba            02-01-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
whats a 24v go for?
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-01-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
http://www.tige.com/tige2003/models/24vriderspricing.htm
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-01-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
Br
The Tige 24V is a great boat. The room inside and storage areas are unbelievable. Un-weighted with 4 or 5 people the wake is big. 3 or 4 people with 1500 to 1800 lbs and it's huge! Can't say enough about this boat. I loved the ride and the interior as well as accessories are done very well.
Old    simba            02-01-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
why is there a 7k differnce in MSRP? I dont get it, the base model price should be a single price, not a range. Can someone explain that to me?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-01-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
BR, I am sure you have seen me at Standley before. I am pretty much there every day after work and every weekend. As far as the 24v is concerned I have only talked to one owner about them. He got it last year and was dissapointed in the way it handled. He still loves his boat, but was hoping it handled a bit better. He said it was sluggish, but heck it is a huge boat. He had a 21v before that and I don't think he quite new what to expect from a larger boat. Congrats on the new purchase and I am sure we will hook up this summer. If it ever gets here.!!!
Old    blr            02-01-2004, 11:07 PM Reply   
Hey all - thanks a ton for the feedback! i did order the new boat yesterday. it was soo much fun "building" my new boat! my 22i i bought of the floor so i didn't get to pick every detail out. i went with black hull and main panel and a storm grey deck and that will be the color of the interior fiberglass as well. beyond that i pretty much loaded the boat up. there were some things that i had questions on and my dealer gave me awesome honest feedback so some stuff i passed on. it's suppose to be here at the end of march and i can't wait! thx again all! andrew - flag me down at standley or drop me an email when the season rolls around. i'll also be there tomorrow around 8am to get my pass.
Old    blr            02-01-2004, 11:13 PM Reply   
hey ron - i think the 7k difference is if you want it plain or if you want it supersized. there really are a ton of things you can add. and i mean a ton!
Old    rob4senate            02-02-2004, 9:44 AM Reply   
BR,
Congratulations! I can’t wait to see (i.e. ride behind) the new boat. Between you and Craig's new Tiges, I am going to be the luckiest boat mooch this side of the Rockies!

Congrat’s again,
Rob4senate
Old    blr            02-02-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
no joke! your getting some sweet new rides this summer look forward to giving you a yank or 2. hope that new little one is doing great too!
Old    maverick_gear            02-02-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
this is my 2cents but that is a badass boat i rode behind charlies, i would say its the best tige there is, seems badass.
Old    rob4senate            02-02-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
BR,
The little one is doing great! Growing like a weed. I can't wait till she can ski/board! We should all get together for dinner sometime soon!
Later,
Rob