Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-23-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
Behind West Coast Correct Craft here in California on a building completely visible from behind the shop a new logo went up on the side of this building. "Hydrocide" Just checked out their web page and what do you know....It's a tower company.
Is it Boss or a Boss knock off or a spin off from Boss or some other new tower company in the already impacted tower business?

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-23-2004, 10:30 PM Reply   
I believe that's the company that makes the towers that Boss sells. Don't ask, cuz I can't explain it.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-24-2004, 6:15 PM Reply   
Hydrocide is a new company manufacturing towers and accessories. They manufacture towers for Boss but they also have their own tower and accessory line. I believe that Boss still manufactures all of their own accessories but has Hydrocide manufacture their towers to their specifications. The Boss tower line is exactly the same as last year at this time.

The Hydrocide line is just being released right now. We should see some new towers, racks, and lights in the next couple of weeks.

Mike
http://www.wakeside.com
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-25-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
Any connection between Hydrocide and Fusion?

I saw the Fusion speakers at the Atlanta boat show and they were very impressive looking - some very serious CNC machine time and incredible detail. Was not able to hear them or get a price but they passed the "wow - that looks nice" test.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-25-2004, 6:36 PM Reply   
Hydrocide is a new company with a close business relationship with Boss Accessories.

One of the Fusion owners and the director of sales, marketing, and advertising (not sure his title) is Ryan Costo. Ryan was the National Sales Manager at Boss Accessories until early last year. He has been working on his new company ever since. I've heard that he has a great partner with lot's of experience and capital to get started.

Fusion knows exactly who they want to become. They seem to have a solid mission, goals and objectives, and a detailed action plan. Now we will see if they have the strength needed to pull it off. I like what I have seen so far. Fusion has no relationship with either Hydrocide or Boss.

Mike
http://www.wakeside.com