Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-23-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
I need some feedback for this. I have a guy who is prominent in this industry, has every piece of machinery to make anything, and is very open minded to new and creative ideas with respect to tower accessories. Lights, speakers, racks, whatever can fit on a tower. If you were sitting down with him and he could make you anything, what would it be?

They are designing some cool new things right now, but are looking for more. So if you had a product that is out there that could be done better, or a great idea that you think would be great, what would it be? Compression speakers at a reasonable price? Lights that could actually light things up in front of the boat without blinding someone? Good quality accessories for less money? What would it be?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!
Old     (the_madness)      Join Date: May 2003       01-23-2004, 1:22 PM Reply   
Nice looking, reasonably prices tower clamps seem to be in demand for the DIY army.
Old    shiftywakeskate            01-23-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
i like that tower with a plasma tv and ps2
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-23-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
I'm with brad on resonably priced tower clamps. I think a lot of people are over paying 1000 dollars for tower speakers that will just corrode in a salt water environment. I made my own and am still looking for a nice clean way to mount them to the tower. I think spending more on the clamps than I did for the speakers and the housing is pretty lame.
Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-23-2004, 6:04 PM Reply   
I'm making my own clamp for my tower to hold a semi-auto flag that I'm also making. Just cutting and working a piece of 3" aluminum bar stock that only costs 2.25/pound. Unfortunately the amount of time I will spend on it will cost much more. I'll post pics of my project when im done.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-25-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
Check out the link to ChassisShop at www.diyTower.com, they have some pretty nice clamps for about $30 each. Definately a need for a tower specific product in this area and if you get something going on it I'll post it up there right away. Lot's of people have made some great tower speakers out there for not much $$$.