Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-06-2003, 6:52 AM Reply   
I am extremely pumped. Can't wait to get out. '87 Tristar 190. I'll have to add it to the "upgrade" thread.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-06-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
Congrats! Enjoy..........
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-06-2003, 3:35 PM Reply   
direct drives are inboards? i thought that only referred to jet boats...

nice boat tho! you gonna put a tower on that or use a boom?
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-06-2003, 5:04 PM Reply   
Jamie it looks like it is in great shape. Enjoy

Chris yes direct drives are inboards. A jet boat is simply a jet boat.

www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-06-2003, 8:07 PM Reply   
I've got a Monster Tower ordered. It should ship next week.
Phaeton, it is in pretty good shape.... interior needs some work, the vinyl is pretty dry and cracking in places. It was really oxidized and chalky when I got it. I peeled all the vinyl off the hull and buffed it with 3M fiberglass restorer and wax. (That stuff REALLY works.) Then I installed new Mastercraft stickers on the sides. Just a few hours of many, many more to come...... fun though.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-07-2003, 8:49 PM Reply   
Jamie,

Sweet looking boat and thanks for the biz. I'm hoping to lose the "Outboard Boy" moniker this year and get in inboard or v-drive. I've always been a "fixxer upper" boat buyer and get some Flitz (www.flitz.com) to clean up the metal and any stains in the fiberglass. Go-Jo hand cleaner does an incredible job at cleaning up vinyl and obviously continued soakings with Armor-All or similar protectant will help bring the vinyl back.

Post some finished pix !!!!

Bill
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-08-2003, 11:48 PM Reply   
Jamie, sweet boat, but is that a boat name i am seeing on the stern. -Intimidator. Uh-oh. You better peel that off fast because boat names on ski boats are bad luck.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-09-2003, 6:24 AM Reply   
Already peeled it off. There was also an "intimidator" sticker on the dash, with a number 3 logo. It looked like a Nascar sticker. Peeled that off too. I didn't want to be mistaken for a nascar fan.....
Hey Bill, is that tower almost done or what? I'm itchin', man!