Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    krug            06-06-2003, 10:33 AM Reply   
help me, I am 29 get injured evey time i ride I cant seem to hold back. I have a good job and a family and i am jeopardizing it all. I spend ever penny i make On gear and hospital bills. I just rehabd my right knee after surgery last night i tore something in my left knee. I charge triple ups like parks. I cant stop myself.I also have a bad shoulder. Is there any body out there with my probs we should start WAA. (wake aholics anonymous)serious!
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       06-06-2003, 11:10 AM Reply   
Maybe I am old… or just a chicken…(fill in word of choice). I am not having the same health concerns with my riding. Maybe that’s why I am not progressing fast enough…
I figure I gotta get to the office on Monday mornings…

Knee injuries are always a drag… but remember even the young guys can hurt knees.

Stay in shape, keep it fun and charge as long as you can.

Can’t help you with spending all your money on wake toys… my wife will tell you that I got the same problem.

WAA…. WW same thing…
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-06-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
You're not alone.
I'm the same age and took it hard about 7 yrs ago on a double up tantrum. Since then, I go with what I know and that's this:
Huge double ups are hard on the body;
There is no substitute for gym time;
Hospitals suck;
Trying crazy moves out in the flats that were just invented are out of the question and;
that I'd rather do a hand full of inverts, a couple 3's a 5 every now and again and be able to ride tommorrow and next week then go out and try a McNasty on a quadruple up and not ride for 6 months.
It's all about pain management.
The spending thing is a little trickier.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-06-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   
Come over to the dark side. Time to sit and fly, the Skyski is calling you...
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-06-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old    wakelvr            06-06-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
LMAO

You guys are lucky in my book. Before I learned what wakeboarding was less than 2 years ago, my hubby and I were thinking of having a baby. Now that we bought a boat and got sucked up in the world of wakeboarding.... we keep putting it off! I know many of you out there have children and include them with you when you are out on the boat and it doesn't really change your boating lifestyle all that much.... That's not the problem... It's getting Prego for 9+ months and not being able to ride!!!!

and I just turned the big 3 and 0! tick, tick, tick!!!

It's just sad! THIS SPORT IS SO ADDICTING! But we are having the time of our lives!!!

When we are not hurt that is..... I hope your knee gets better soon... I vote yes on WWA!!!
Old    lukeh2owalker            06-06-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
stef schedule the baby for the winter months. jameson kruger charging like visa sweet. control is an art form sounds like some of us need to addres. anyone can jump off a cliff. its an art to jump off the cliff and freefall pulling out a shoot last second and landing in control. wake on with style. peace
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-06-2003, 3:19 PM Reply   
Well Luke the problem with that planning is the incubation period is 9 mos.
Subtract 3 months from the date of LMP + 2 wks = EDC ( estimated date of confinement) or better known as Due date.
Since Stefani lives in NorCal, that means she would be pregnant in the middle of the Wakeboarding season
Old    wakelvr            06-06-2003, 3:33 PM Reply   
Season? What's that? Don't you people wakeboard in the winter too?

Also- recovery time can range from 2 weeks to months..... so we are talking almost a year people!!

But it's all worth it, right? Also- With all that time off, I'm sure I'll become more of a WakeWorld Junkie!
Old    lukeh2owalker            06-06-2003, 4:45 PM Reply   
snow wake seasons split my time that be my thoughts. you can have a seragate mother. but if you did that you would def be a wake junkie and in need of some serious s o s! that new video game is out so your thumbs will be worked out. thanks for the explanation on the incubation period i always thought the stork brought groms to your home like in dumbo? i have big ears!