Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    davec            05-29-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
Has anyone done this? I'm heading to one of the all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica in November. Not sure which resort but I know they have boats for water skiing. I assume that I will also need to pack my board.
Old     (jonori)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-29-2003, 11:25 AM Reply   
I have the same exact question. I am going to Sandals in Montego Bay at the end of July. I was thinking about bringing a wakeskate. I think they have ski boats with no wake, but I could be wrong.
Old    wakelvr            05-29-2003, 11:26 AM Reply   
Wow, wakeboarding in Jamaica!! NICE!

I've been to two all inclusives in Jamaica. Both were through Sandals, one was at Dunns River, the other at Ochos Rios. Both had ski boats available for water sports but none had towers on them and nobody was boarding. This was a few years ago though so maybe things have changed. If you call your resort, they should be able to tell you. Then at worse case, you can take your board, rent the boat without a tower, and still have some fun:-) Might want to pack a fat sack though too:-)

Have fun! The water is so gorgeous in Jamaica! Post pics when you get back:-)
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-29-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
The sandals at Montego Bay, not the one next to the airport(Formerly known as the Royal Jamaican I think) Has a mastercraft and wakeboards. They are old but who cares. The riding there is awesome.
Old    stevenf            06-06-2003, 12:24 AM Reply   
ok i went to jamaica when i was 18 like 4 years ago we went to sandals at dunns river and stayed at ocho rios. My best word of advice bring a wake skate and relax. Wakeboarding there is bunk they do have a prostar205 and remember your not on a lake your in the middle of the ocean. when you do go though and are boarding cut out and look down it will trip you out you can see the ocean floor while boarding that was about the coolest thing i liked. If you do go wake up early and go to dunns river thats where the boat is. Riding is not the best in jamaica but relaxing is
Old    swamie            06-06-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
I went last year for the honeymoon, we stayed in the couples resorts,in ocho rios and negril. they used a mastercraft 205 and an i/o. Negril was better, the water was not as rough, Ocho Rios is rough due to the wind. I used their board and it was in bad shape, overall it was fun, and seeing the ocean floor was very cool. just watch out for the jet skis, those guys were all around me, and the people who rented them had no clue what they were doing.