Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (cs1094)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-04-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
I am looking around and want to know what the fastest cutting board you all know is. Also, how fast of a cut does the parks have?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-04-2003, 11:41 PM Reply   
The Balance 140 is a rocket!

B-
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       06-05-2003, 2:01 AM Reply   
Parks! The Parks is the fastest board that I know of. Its a board that you don't have to apply alot of pressure to get the board to cut. Because the fins have such an extreme angle the result is a board that is very sticky and quick when an edge is set whether cutting to the outside of a wake or building a progressive edge into the wake. The thing I noticed about this board was if you stood neutral or centered the board was very loose but when weight was set back or towards the rear it was very sticky. The board has the largest flat spot that Hyperlite has ever produced which took over as the largest abrupt popping board that Hyperlite has made since the Byerly. The Parks is said to be quick, fast, abrupt, and very unique in the way it performs on water. It is a board that like to be rode a particular way by a rider that desires certain board characteristics. They say this is the one board not ment to be ridin by a beginner rider. This board is advanced and unique in the way it rides. Anyway hope you find what your looking for. Take Care.
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-05-2003, 3:00 AM Reply   
I found the O'brien Cobe to be way quicker than the Parks. We're talking scary fast here... It's not so much the speed that scares me, but the rate of acceleration.

Most LF boards with side fins are super quick too.
Old    sxr            06-05-2003, 7:08 AM Reply   
none of the Hyperlite boards are that fast compare to balance and trip.
i read somewhere that Cobe wanted his board fast.
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-05-2003, 9:27 AM Reply   
He sure got it... You've seen me on the thing Ray, it was a weird ride.
Seems to suit Big Chris pretty well though..
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-05-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
The old hyperlite lavelle pro model is bar far the fastest board I have ever ridden.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-05-2003, 11:55 AM Reply   
I second the Balance 140, as well as the Parks. I find the Balance to be quicker than the Parks though
Old    pherret            06-05-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
A third vote for the Balance. Very fast. I demo'd both and bought the Balance. Parks was good, but a bit too loose, I thought. The three fins on the Balance allow it to hook up and respond very quickly.

(Message edited by pherret on June 05, 2003)