Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    simba            06-04-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
I bought the boat less than a year ago brand new not having a clue I would get hooked on wakeboarding. I really dont want to trade it in and loose my shirt because it has a very very nice wake (better than 90% of the ski boats out there).

Anyway, Id love a tower for mounting speakers ect anyone ever seen it done? You think it would look too stupid? Which tower would you put on it?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-04-2003, 7:42 PM Reply   
A wakeboard tower gives any boat more credibility !!!!
Old    simba            06-04-2003, 7:53 PM Reply   
heres a pic of it, the front and rear chairs are on in the boat when wakeboarding

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/45903/0.jpg
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-04-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
Every boat company has jumped on the tower band wagon from run abouts to jet boats. If you dont already have an extended pylon I'd say go for it. I've even seen some cough cough jet ski's with towers, but those I had to laugh at.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-04-2003, 7:56 PM Reply   
Plus center consoles are were the whole tower idea started.
Old    simba            06-04-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
are there any tower makers that make them easily removable? Also, is there anyway to secure them to the boat with out using a backing plate? I have no access to my gunnel wells.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-04-2003, 9:35 PM Reply   
Ron, look at an Atlantic Tower. They might even be able to make you a dual purpose tower (Wakeboard/fishing) for when you want to sell your boat.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-04-2003, 9:40 PM Reply   
My friend had a fishing tower on his old skiff that was solid as a rock. I'm sure if you had one built for fishing and told them you needed it strong, they could set it up for you.
Old    buckey            06-05-2003, 3:30 AM Reply   
heres my old one. did a dam good job.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-05-2003, 6:13 PM Reply   
Go for it. Look at the picture in my profile and see what I did with my old 19' cuddy cabin outboard.
Old    xander            06-05-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
Check my profile out as well, if I don't look sad getting towed behind that thing... but it gets me up and I'm so stoked to try it out this weekend (just got it built for me)