Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    mikebailey            06-04-2003, 3:25 AM Reply   
Hi everyone,

I am going to have a go at a cable tow on friday, I have asked a few people for advice, but wondered if any of you could give me any more tips.

I have not been on a rope longer than 4 feet before ! and the only launces I have tried have been quite gentle.

I have a feeling I will be eating a lot of lake, but if any of you did try a cable early on in your wakeboarding days, or if you use one now, I would love to hear from you.

oh I thought you might like to see a picture of me, out on the lake yesterday. I think I may have had the settings on the camera wrong, as it looks a bit odd in places !

Mike

London err Lake
Old    tricky_uk            06-04-2003, 6:53 AM Reply   
Mike

Where are you going JBSKI @ Thorpe?
The instructors at the site will help you get the hang of it.

...and just remember that ever the pros started off eating alot of lake.

It might be worthwhile first having a go on a kneeboard just to get used to the corners and pull of the rope before you move on to a board.

any questions shout

Richard
Old    mikebailey            06-04-2003, 7:02 AM Reply   
Yes, JBSKI at thorpe.

I dont think I could do a knee board, I cant kneel down, well I can, but my foot stays at 90 degrees behind me, so it hyperextends my knee.. not nice. Dont suppose you can sit on em ?

Whats the deal with the corners, a couple of people have said they are hard, why ?

Are you going down friday to this clinic with Prostuff or ProGear (???)
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-04-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
corners are not hard, just stay wide so you don't get slack, and be prepared for a little tug if you do.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-04-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
Dang Mike, you're already busting grabs and you've been riding a week!
There's nothing to this sport
Old    tricky_uk            06-05-2003, 3:37 AM Reply   
Might be best to go staight to a board then. As Tim said if you stay wide going into the corners then there is a little tug. The guys down there will explain how best to handle each corner.

I will be there on Friday evening, depend on what time I finish work.