Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    abbysdad24            05-18-2003, 1:50 PM Reply   
Where is everyone going on Memorial day weekend. I am going to eufaula and my slider will be done by then. It's a 30 foot, half rainbow slider, that will hopefully sit about 3 feet out of the water. One question though, do I need to get permission from the lake patrol to put it on the lake. Someone who has put a slider on a lake before let me know.

Andy
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-19-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
We are going to be at Tenkiller from Thurs. afternoon to Monday.
Andy- did you find out anymore about grovefest at the demo this past weekend?
Old    ruger311            05-19-2003, 9:41 AM Reply   
sid, i will probably be at tenkiller at least one or two days this weekend and be out at ft. gibson lake the others, went to ft.gibson this weekend water was glass ove the entire lake, hell we boarder the middle of the lake for the hell of it then went back by the dam for the smoothest water, the new parks board rips it up hella more pop than my new byerly, the byerly you gotta hit the sweet spot but the parks flys,,tried a 720 and no good, faceplant all day trying that, the 360s were nice and didnt try any inverts, but holla let me know when you going for sure and when youll be out, r u guys camping or getting a cabin?
Old     (soonerboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-19-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Texoma. I really don't expect to board much, unless I go out from 6-8 am!
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-19-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
Hey sooner....haven't heard from you in a while. We've been riding the 'Bird with Marlon quite a bit lately and expected to see you out more. Give us a call and we can hook up and ride.
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-19-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
Steve,
We are camping at Petit bay. Are you going to camp or just come out during the day? I will probably be boarding mostly in the morning and right before dark unless i find smooth water during the day...
Old    mandi            05-19-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
Hey Andy I will be camping this weekend out at Belle Starr. I don't know about the slider thing but I will ask my dad about it tonight then I will write back again.

By the way it was nice to finally meet you that little bit I was there when you were. Oh yeah I got up on my first try. I was so happy. Now I am trying to learn how to turn and cross wake-to-wake. Maybe we can board together this weekend.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-19-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
broken bow.
Old    ruger311            05-19-2003, 2:32 PM Reply   
Sid, not for sure but usually we will just come out for the day, cook out then leave b/c some girls can't take the outdoors, gotta have clean bathrooms and running water, i say forget all that all you need is the lake, and if ya got to squat behind a tree,,hehe, anyway we'll prolly just come out for the day, u better get up early lots and lots of ppl will be out there, if you go over by cherokee landing and then go right of the river there is a cove over there but ppl will be rolling in and out of there b/c the are and dont think about other ppls water,, its nice over there most of the time,,holla at me
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-19-2003, 6:00 PM Reply   
Here's MAndi from Saturday. Not bad for a first timer, got up on the first try.......

Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-20-2003, 5:50 AM Reply   
hey doug,
how was it saturday? i woke up to 60* and a hefty north breeze, which didn't really put me in the mood to drive an hour and a half for a pull or two. we pulled the malibu out to t-bird sunday evening....very crowded. let's just say by seven o'clock we decided to go ahead and ride in the crappy water so as not to waste any more daylight. i guess it's weekday evenings and saturday sunrises from now on. was there any buzz about grovefest or other events coming up? let me know how it went.
later.......
Old    arlanj            05-20-2003, 6:43 AM Reply   
Just curious, what type of life jacket is Mandi wearing?
Old    mandi            05-20-2003, 12:32 PM Reply   
I honestly have no clue some girl that I just met there it was hers.

Oh yeah guess what Doug. We left our boat our Sunday night in our yard and Monday during the day and last night we discovered that our never been used before Straight Line Rope and Handle some one stole it. I am so mad!

Oh Yeah Andy I checked about the slider thing and because it is a Corp of Engineers Lake you can't put anything like that on the lake.

(Message edited by mandi on May 20, 2003)
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       05-20-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
Potter,

It's Wet Tech Launch Vest. They are a team sponsor and that jacket is very popular with the women's team.
Old    mandi            05-20-2003, 12:55 PM Reply   
Hey Sid what kind of girls are you going out there w/. They sound like some major sissys. I can't stand girls like that.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-20-2003, 3:32 PM Reply   
Eric, Saturday wasn't too bad, Mandi and a few other rode and demoed things. Sunday we went past the HWy 9 bridge to Longtown Cove, it was swwet there. Got to watch Jay put on a exhibition on his new Landlock board. Nick, let me add that is a well used jacket. Mandi NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER leave your gear in the boat overnight or just for a few hours unless some one is watching it for you. There are scumbag,slimeballs,a##ho##les out there that like to steal from the working class. Now that they have the rope they may come back looking around again. Sunday was sweet,no wind no boats....it was BUTTER.......
Old    butterboardwear            05-20-2003, 6:22 PM Reply   
What did everyone think about the BUTTER BOARD WEAR?

Doug if I dont go to he lake this weekend I might give you a call and come out to hang out with you guys if you dont mind.

our New # is 488-1601 call me and let me know when you guys plan on going out Saturday
Old    mandi            05-20-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
The Butter Board Wear was pretty cool. There was alot of people wearing the shirts.

Hey Doug I find this quite funny also embarssing. But my dad found the gear in the bottom of one of our tubes. LOL. I am so glad we finally found it!

Oh yeah you was talking about it being smooth Sunday. Yeah I was out there w/my family and Sammy and Jason, and I.N.R. I got a little more riding time in. Sammy is really awesome I have never seen him board before. Jason was trying to learn how to do a tantrum. he fell so many times.
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-20-2003, 8:40 PM Reply   
Mandi-
no one has two bad knees (5 knee surgeries) and the other is the picture taker! i have a few guys that ride with me...
Old     (soonerboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-20-2003, 9:53 PM Reply   
Eric, you in the Tahoe? I was working on the stereo Sunday where I keep the boat. I decided to drive down to the ramp when I got done, and I was glad I didn't try to go out Sunday. I didn't know they had made that many Jet Skis!

Marlon called me the other day. Hopefully things will get calmer, so I can go more, now!

I've been wearing a crispy new red Butter hat around, lately. Love it!
Old    abbysdad24            05-21-2003, 5:33 AM Reply   
doug or mandi- let me konw how i can get ahold of sammy. I don't know the number for the shop and I need to talk to him about a few things. That sucks that I can't put the slider in the lake. Does anyone know of any way around this? Can you put it in as a removable bouy or something like that? I don't know. Mandi, let me know how you got ahold of someone and I will try to give them a call. The slider may just have to stay inside this weekend.

Andy
Old    abbysdad24            05-21-2003, 5:34 AM Reply   
sid-I didn't find anything else out about grovefest, but give me till the end of the day and I'll get something to you for sure. later

Andy
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-21-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   
Andy--
cool just let me know!
Old    neal_b            05-21-2003, 10:46 AM Reply   
Andy--
Try this number to ask about the slider issue. It's the number for the Eufaula office. 1-918-484-5135

Try Sammy at Thomas Marine at 1-918-473-6515 or Wake and Skate at 1-918-618-6085
Old    mandi            05-21-2003, 12:30 PM Reply   
Hello Neal welcome to wakeworld!
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-21-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
Andy, when you talk to Sammy ask him about putting it io his private lake. he will know what your talking about. You could put it there all day with no one else on the lake at all.
Old    abbysdad24            05-21-2003, 7:00 PM Reply   
sid- I didn't find anything out today. I just got in from work about 45 minutes ago, so I haven't been home all day. Neal, thanks for the numbers. I called all of them, but I couldn't get anyone. I guess everyone had closed for the day. I am going to try to give them a call tomorrow sometime during the day. Thanks for the advise about the slider doug, I will be sure to mention it to Sammy when I talk to him. I'll get back on here tomorrow, hopefully with some info. later

Andy
Old    butterboardwear            05-21-2003, 8:11 PM Reply   
Hey Darrin where did you get the Butter hat? Havent seen you lately, Do you have a private lake or something?

If anyone wants some BUTTER BOARDWEAR you cant get it at Wake & Skate in Eufaula cove or give us a call at 488-1601.

Old    wakeboardbum247            05-22-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
is any1 gonna b at lake waurika this weekend it is a badass lake to ride
Old     (soonerboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-22-2003, 12:25 PM Reply   
I got it from Chris in Norman. I wish I had a private lake!

It's been super busy this year. Hard to go out. We've only been twice, actually, and Kyle's boat hasn't seen water. It's pathetic and sad. We'll start being at T-bird more, soon, HOPEFULLY!
Old    gavin744            05-22-2003, 12:58 PM Reply   
hey all. My husband and I live in Eufaula and have just gotten a new boat and are trying to learn to wakeboard. We wanted to get a new boat, but found out we couldn't afford anything new except a Moomba. Which we are VERY happy with! Anyways, we are on the lake every weekend and throughout the week, when the kids aren't playin baseball. Havin a blast, and have seen several boats out on the water were we put in (by Sammy's shop). Was wondering if any of them were yours? We have a black modius with black, red and yellow decals. I would love to say hi and all. Can't wait to hear from anyone thats in the area!
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       05-22-2003, 6:31 PM Reply   
I might be up on tenkiller some sunday, and monday if anyone else is up there maybe we could get together and ride
Old    butterboardwear            05-22-2003, 8:33 PM Reply   
We went out tonight and it was some of the best BUTTER I have seen in a while. Hi-Performance in Norman has the whole line of Butter, I am going to the Hi-Performance on the north side tomorrow and Sun and Ski to see if they want to carry the line.

Everybody have safe weekend, we will be at Eufaula in a black and grey Wakesetter if anyone sees us come buy and give us a shout.

later.
Old    neal_b            05-22-2003, 9:24 PM Reply   
Hello Tisha. My wife and I live between Eufaula and Checotah. I don't board yet, but my daughter does. We will be camped out at Belle Starr over Memorial Day weekend. Our boat is a Deck Boat brand deck boat that will never win a beauty contest but gets the job done. It's a light tan color. If you see us wave or holler or something. Neal
Old     (jayman1)      Join Date: May 2002       05-22-2003, 9:30 PM Reply   
Tisha...We have an all Yellow Nautique and are usually down at Eufaula on the weekends as well. We will be riding in the Longtown cove and partying at the "cut". You are welcome to tie up if you want. I will send you a pic of the boat - Jay
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-22-2003, 10:31 PM Reply   
Tisha,Jay,Neal. i will probably be hanging out with Jayman1 learning to surf. i seen quite a few wakeboard boats at Eufaula last Sunday. DONT BE SHY, COME OVER AND SAY HI!!!!! Jay E, marlon called tonight and said the same about T-Bird, enjoy now before all the traffic this weekend...
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-23-2003, 6:25 AM Reply   
I second....or third the butter at T-Bird last night! It must have been the longest straight run in history. It was definitely the best water of the season so far. Jay, where were you guys? We launched at Zoom and ran that east shoreline all evening. Everybody have fun this weekend, and BE SAFE! Doug, are you actually gonna get behind the boat and surf? Sweet!
Later......
Old    gavin744            05-23-2003, 6:41 AM Reply   
We plan on being out at longtown this weekend also...so we will definitly have to say hi and all that! I'm not sure were the cut is, but my brother inlaw was talking about it the other day, so i bet we have been there but just did not know what is was called. Hope to see everyone that has posted and at least put a face to the poster. On another note, I have got to get me a pair of bindings that actually fit! I have been using sandal bindings, while my husband and 9 year old son both have liquid force suction bindings. What do you guys suggest for a lady with a size 8 foot? See ya...
Old    mandi            05-23-2003, 7:19 AM Reply   
Hey Tisha you are about my size I use the Liquid Force EXO bindings and I love them! They are a little hard to put on and take off at first because the way they are made. But I love them. They are really comfortable. The Wake and Skate in Eufuala has the red and black pair. Or I think they still have them, they did.

Oh yeah Tish just in case you were wondering I am Neal's daughter.
Old    mandi            05-23-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   
Sid, oh ok. That's understandable.
Old    gavin744            05-23-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
Mandi, thanks for the info about the bindings. Maybe I will go by a pick up a pair today (if I can work it into the budget!!) Did I see a picture of you wake boarding on this discussion?
Old    neal_b            05-23-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
Yep, thats the same Mandi at Eufaula Cove last Saturday. It was as cold as it looks also. Neal
Old    gavin744            05-23-2003, 10:16 AM Reply   
We were all set to go out last Saturday, but it was sooo cold and I think we were even in a thunderstorm warning. You guys are dedicated! I will try to get some pics up of my oldest son (he's 9) attempting to get up on his CWB worm that we bought at the Wake & Board shop. He has yet to last more than 30 secs, but this is the weekend that he will stay up! Neal & family, if you see us out be sure and say "HI"! We will be the ones stopping & starting all day because we are all just learning....
Old    butterboardwear            05-23-2003, 10:17 AM Reply   
Eric we launched at Clear Bay and rode that whole arm all night till about 8:00 or so it was awesome.

Doug are you going to T-Bird or Eufaula?
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       05-24-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
we're going to be up on tenkiller on sunday, and monday in my black x star, so if any of you see us come over and hola at us, and we can do some partying

Old    butterboardwear            05-26-2003, 6:58 PM Reply   
WE didnt get much bording in this weekend at Eufaula it was really busy and when it wasnt the weather wasnt very good but we did manage to get a few rides this morning in Eufaula cove buy Sammys "Wake & Skate" until all the other wake boats got up and around.

The "Cut" was off the hook Saturday, Sun. it was a lil windy and chilly but still had its fun times. Hope that everybody had a safe weekend. Post some pics of your weekend..... if you remembered you had a camera before you got to wasted like some of us.
Old    mandi            05-28-2003, 8:45 AM Reply   
I rode every day out at Eufaula except for Monday. It was a really cold weekend!!!! I thought I was going to freeze my tail off. I tried to teach my friend how to board but after about 10 tries we gave up. I am going to have to try it some other time.

Hey Jay or MIchael. Does your website only have a link to e-mail you? I am just checking to make sure that I just didn't overlook anything.
Old    butterboardwear            05-28-2003, 10:41 AM Reply   
yea we are working on the site as we speak it is going to be on of the coolest sites around we have alot of good ideas and we are trying to put them together. When you click on it, it e-mails us who it is and so on so when we get it up and going we can e-mail you guys back and lwt you know it is up.
Old    sickmx29            05-28-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
longtown was good pretty much all monday.. after about 5 it was glass until dark...
Old    paradoxmime            06-03-2003, 7:56 AM Reply   
Hey guys! I made it to Eufala too Friday evening. That Friday would have been purrfect for boarding as it was glass. But Saturday we were about to put the boat in when that stupid storm blew thru. Later that day, my friend and I got a quick ride or two then headed to the cut for some beer and other activities. I have it all on tape too! Too bad that I didnt get any material worthy of "girls gone wild" Oh well, maybe next time ;)

I noticed a couple of boats out there with towers but don't know any of the people. At least the sun was a out for a couple of hours. Sunday sucked! Way to chilly for my likings. I could have handled it, but the wind made it choppy. Anyway, maybe I run into you guys sometime. My friend says that Grand lake is the party lake. Can anyone confirm that?
Old    soonerwake            06-03-2003, 2:24 PM Reply   
I was out at Eufaula on Memorial Day weekend. I would have to agree with everyone's assessment of the temps (way too cold for me). BTW, does anyone know who the guys in the o/b with the tower are? They can ride and are a lot of fun to watch. I will have to just start introducing myself to all of you and get some tips. I suck and I'm old, but still love it.