Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2003, 7:08 PM Reply   
Barry and crew, thanks for taking Blabel and I out yesterday. I am RED from the central valley sun...nothing but clouds in SD today . Anyway, despite the fact that Blabel curse was in full effect (wind, roaches, tubers etc.), we had a blast. You guys are hilarious, even when you don't try to be (Thaniel). Here are some pics from the day:

Barry on his new love (cassette concave):

Barry go bye bye:

Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2003, 7:13 PM Reply   
Here is Barry's daughter Selene (sp):
She was doing great, even with only one bolt on her binding (oops dad!!!)

Rose took a ride on the skate and decided if she was going to crash hard, she would rather do it on her wakeboard:

Then there was Thaniel:

Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
After having ridden the Premiere for awhile, I hopped back on the old Belmont and hated it, so I took a ride on the skate:

Finally, Blabel took his ride, with the curse in full effect:

Thanks again to the Maderan's for being such great hosts and making a weekend in the Central Valley worth the drive. Hope you guys decide to come on down here soon.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-02-2003, 7:41 PM Reply   
Looks like a great time! Is it me, or is that wake HUGE? Look's like it should definitely get the Blabel stamp of approval.

Melissa, what do you like better about the Premiere over the Belmont?
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
The wake was HUGE! Paul, I think I am liking a bigger board these days. You know, it was hard to tell yesterday, though because the water was not so buttery...it was like a summer day at San V.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-02-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
Ah, just curious as to what I might be missing. I am afraid to ever try anything but the tank I ride on for fear I'll immediately go drop 4 big ones on a new board.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
Mel, you guys are always welcome... cool pics!!

Celine wasn't too upset about her bindings.. I'll fix em tonight so we can ride tomorrow. The binding thing is Brians fault.. at least that's what I told Celine. She was a little anti-social though, sorry about that.. she wasn't feel too good and I made her go anyway.
You guys rock!

Mr. Giant.. The wake actually isn't too huge, we we skating pretty close. I could use a few hundred(or 10) more pounds. It's good enough for our skill level though.

B-

(Message edited by Barry on June 02, 2003)
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-02-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
"The binding thing is Brians fault" - BLAHAHAHA. You'd fit in well around here Barry.

I hear you about the wake. At my level bigger isn't necessarily better.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
I'm gonna try to make a trip down there this summer..My riding is poor at best so I'll probably cramp the S.D style..I'm a good example of what not to do.

B-
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-02-2003, 7:58 PM Reply   
Cramp the SD style? My friends are fond of pointing out that I ride like I have a broomstick up my you know what. Look forward to meeting you guys.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2003, 9:28 PM Reply   
B- we found Celine to be anything but anti-social. We actually thought she was rather outgoing and fit in well with your other kids!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-02-2003, 9:49 PM Reply   
Yep, the wake was Blabel approved. Big and clean even at 80 feet. Of course the Blabel curse was in full effect so I didn't see much of a clean wake!

Thanks again for the pulls and the great time. You are a funny group of people. I'd like to see Rose ride in some good water next time! I want to teach her a 3!

One more thing, this one's for you:

sbad

Da email da email, check check da email
Old    akman            06-02-2003, 9:59 PM Reply   
Barry, see what happens when Blabel gets in a boat.....the water goes to fast!

You should plan a trip down, I'm sure Blabel would be happy to take you out on either one of HIS Super Air's!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2003, 10:53 PM Reply   
It's sort of funny that you'd say that, Gramps..
I've never seen so many boats and/or the water that bad the whole time we've been going.

Nah, the water gets bad from time to time.. but the boats/roaches have never been that bad. I hope it's not like that every w/e... if so, our spot is ruined.

Brian, I've missed so many Strongbad episodes that I have to catch up. It's probably been 4-5 months.
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail39.html
It wasn't your fault for the water being bad, I don't care what Mel says!

catcha next time..

B-
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-02-2003, 11:32 PM Reply   
How's it going Barry? Were thoes pictures taken at Eastman? I have yet to ride there. Just picked up the new '03 VLX and have been riding Millerton on the weeknights, that's about the only time you can find glass. Pineflat is nice when the water warms up, but a bit of a drive. Know of many other places around here with decent water?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-03-2003, 6:43 AM Reply   
barry hath no hair...
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
Hiya Bennett,
Nah.. we took those at Hensley(another local lake)I don't know of any good lakes that are close. I wish I did... Sunday was a joke.

Congrats on the VLX!!! Never been to Pineflat, I hear it's a good place to ride.

TY, I shave my mop...You would NOT want to see me with hair. I look much worse with hair.

B-
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-03-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
i thought you lost your hair in that crash...
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
I actually have hair..when we meet up, I'll show it to ya, big boy.

B-
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-03-2003, 11:14 AM Reply   
you cannot transplant that hair to your head though, you woiuld have a funny lookin fro...
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
Boy Hensley sure has changed in 10 ten years. I have never seen so many people on that lake. When we went there as kids, all you would see were a few fisherman.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2003, 11:41 AM Reply   
Yeah, yeah.. rub it in Mel.
I talked to the ranger and asked what in the world was going on. He said that one of the main local lakes was closed for the season(Barenda) and that they're getting run-off from that place. Looks like we'll be making a bunch of mid-week trips to avoid the numbskulls.

Gross, Ty!!! I'm making the call to Bosley's(sp?) medical center RIGHT NOW!!

B-
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-03-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
Is Hensley pretty high right no? I know that its a pretty small lake. I used to take my, yes, waverunners, out there...
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2003, 12:32 PM Reply   
It's pretty low still.. and barely ridable. but we manage.

B-