Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-05-2003, 9:36 PM Reply   
OK, so I finally have the new boat broken in and am ready to find that perfect weight setup.

I will probably be doing alot of weight configurations in the next couple weeks to figure out how to get the wake at it's best.

I am looking for responses from Supra Launch owners regarding how you weight your boats so I will have a few ideas to try out. I currently have the Bertha ballast system from the factory (approx. 900#'s). I know a few of you have these boats, what have you found to be your best configuration? Thanks. Mike
Old    oldschool            02-06-2003, 5:53 AM Reply   
I have the factory tank in the back, plus a fat sack in the front locker. That along with 4-5 people is perfect.
Old    gotilla1            02-06-2003, 5:58 AM Reply   
Put two full size sacks on each side of the engine. Move them forward a more rounded wake or back for a steeper wake. That should do it. It will put you around 2K total lbs. The Launch has a great wake. Enjoy.
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
Is it an SSV or a Direct drive Launch
Old    mcmaster1180            02-12-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
i have ssv and i run factory with 5 people it's awesome. when it's just the driver i put an extra fat sac in front of the back seat and it does well.
Old    pimpdaddygrady            02-14-2003, 5:17 PM Reply   
yo GWR if he's got da bertha system thens its a d drive...the hippo system is the ballast in the ssv. we gotta launch sl (which is now the launch ss walk thru bow) and we just have the factory bertha system w/ about 3 ppl...wakes not huge but it does fine for me...real clean and nice transistion. the 2 sacs on each side of the motor like todd said sounds perfect..im lookin into sum fat sacs to do the same 2 mine.
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-14-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
I tried the 2 sacs (One on each side of the motor box) last weekend. It seemed like the definate way to go. I will probably be using that setup. Thanks for the advice everyone!
Old    wakelvr            02-14-2003, 10:34 PM Reply   
I don't know Mike. The wake always seems bigger with either you or Rod Rinnert in the boat! You big guys are always a sure thing! (for a great wake that is:-)

Congrats again on your boat!
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-15-2003, 6:39 AM Reply   
Grady -- not true. They've completely switched to "Bertha Ballast" which I understand is their own creation. Hippo's out of the picture.
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-15-2003, 9:08 AM Reply   
Matt, you're correct, I think Hippo went out of business.
Old    pimpdaddygrady            02-15-2003, 9:00 PM Reply   
ooo fo real? dag...didnt know that. thanx for da info guys. the hippo system was pretty coo though...does bertha have a 3 bag system too or just the regular 2 bag?
Old    supraboarder            03-02-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
we have the DD and run the factory ballast, another sac in the back locker, a sack in the front locker, and never go with less than 4-5 people. if we feel like getting crazy, we throw two sacks on the sides of the engine and 11-13 people.
Old    brett_watson            03-07-2003, 2:38 PM Reply   
I would Suggest putting a larger sac in the front locker to more equally distribute the weight. The back of the SSV is weighed down enough with the two side ballast bags and the engine. Fat buddies are also a good investment to help distribute the weight more evenly. This will give you a much more shapely wake. With the Hydrolic Wakeplate it's easy to fine tune the wake to your desire from there. Hope I've helped.

Brett Watson
Club Royale Marina
(248)681-9100 or ClubRoyale@ClubRoyale.net
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-07-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
I think I found the best setup. I fill the Factory ballast (Large Sack in the front locker and hard tank under rear seat) plus 1 Fat-Boy sack (~300 lbs. each maybe more, I get different numbers depending on where I look.) on each side of the engine with about 4 people in the boat. This seems to be a perfect size and shape for my friends and I.