Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-02-2017, 1:49 PM Reply   
If you could deal with a gasser, my Tundra rocks. I'm around 7000 lbs on the hitch, does it very very well. and still rides nice around town. 380 hp yanks it around with ease.

Ram: less $ for a reason. wait till the dash starts rattling and you'll understand why they're cheaper. Not trying to knock anyone's rig, but after driving one for a few years, never again.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-02-2017, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
If you could deal with a gasser, my Tundra rocks. I'm around 7000 lbs on the hitch, does it very very well. and still rides nice around town. 380 hp yanks it around with ease.

Ram: less $ for a reason. wait till the dash starts rattling and you'll understand why they're cheaper. Not trying to knock anyone's rig, but after driving one for a few years, never again.
Ram vs tundra lmao thats like a 18wheeler vs prius what are you comparing here diesel vs gas are you good?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-02-2017, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
Ram vs tundra lmao thats like a 18wheeler vs prius what are you comparing here diesel vs gas are you good?
Not sure what you're saying
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-02-2017, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Not sure what you're saying
What im saying is you can pickup a 2500 ram cummins diesel for like 43k and a tundra is not a real towing vehicle its more of a transport some bark chips in the back once a year or tow a jetski around sometimes its not a tow specific truck even if it has a hitch on it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-02-2017, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
What im saying is you can pickup a 2500 ram cummins diesel for like 43k and a tundra is not a real towing vehicle its more of a transport some bark chips in the back once a year or tow a jetski around sometimes its not a tow specific truck even if it has a hitch on it.
hahahaha! I seriously just laughed out loud. And I don't disagree with you one bit.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-02-2017, 4:43 PM Reply   
^^^
"Sometimes it is better to be silent and thought to be a fool, than to jump on your keyboard and remove all doubt".

A Tundra is rated up to 10.5k, a bit more than a jet ski and some bark.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-02-2017, 5:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
^^^
"Sometimes it is better to be silent and thought to be a fool, than to jump on your keyboard and remove all doubt".

A Tundra is rated up to 10.5k, a bit more than a jet ski and some bark.
Nobody cares what a gas truck is rated they can have it rated at 20k for all i care we have both and the comparison between a tundra and a diesel ram is night and day. You can be going 80 mph and towing a 6k boat behind it and it feels like your standing still and not moving its crazy how well that thing tows and the tundra feels like a airplane in turbulence you get thrown around like crazy its just not made to tow 24/7 its a soccer mom car lmao you just slap the rating and you think thats good what the heck man a tow rating means scat its how well it handles the weight behind it. There's difference in suspension/transmission etc c'mon man you have to know at least something lmao.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       11-06-2017, 5:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nobody cares what a gas truck is rated they can have it rated at 20k for all i care we have both and the comparison between a tundra and a diesel ram is night and day. You can be going 80 mph and towing a 6k boat behind it and it feels like your standing still and not moving its crazy how well that thing tows and the tundra feels like a airplane in turbulence you get thrown around like crazy its just not made to tow 24/7 its a soccer mom car lmao you just slap the rating and you think thats good what the heck man a tow rating means scat its how well it handles the weight behind it. There's difference in suspension/transmission etc c'mon man you have to know at least something lmao.
Sorry man but you are talking out of your ass.

Tow ratings put on trucks by any decent manufacturer follows an independent ratings system (SAE J2807). The standard of these ratings far exceed what most manufacturers we're putting on trucks years ago which is why the ratings have come down over the years.

Sure a diesel will do a better job in most cases but that doesn't mean the gas trucks aren't up to the task of pulling their rating.

I think maybe you need to educate yourself on whats really going into these trucks rather than just drinking the coal rolling Kool aid.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-03-2017, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:

If cheap is the priority, definitely don't want a Tundra. doesn't sound like you can afford it
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-03-2017, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
If cheap is the priority, definitely don't want a Tundra. doesn't sound like you can afford it
Afford it why would i pay money for the ugliest and weakest truck on the road are you joking me maybe if i got the tundra for free i would consider it but to pay money for useless garbage like a tundra sorry man find a someone else.