Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-30-2014, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
As for the fact that it is more expensive..... What did you all expect? Did you think MC would cut all the corners, use cheep vinyl and foam, go away from the 1 piece deck, skip the tinned wiring and lateral stringer reinforcements, just to make it cheaper than the others? Not that you need any of that stuff, and obviously the others do well without it. However MC probably still wants the NXT customer to actually have a few things that remind them that it is manufactured by MasterCraft, and those things cost more.
I believe everyone expected a boat to be had for $50k after having "50k all day" crammed down our throats since they first mentioned it. Also, no one has seen or rode one of these so you are assuming they built this just like one of their non price point boats. It has yet to be seen if they "cut corners"
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-30-2014, 11:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
I believe everyone expected a boat to be had for $50k after having "50k all day" crammed down our throats since they first mentioned it. Also, no one has seen or rode one of these so you are assuming they built this just like one of their non price point boats. It has yet to be seen if they "cut corners"

I am not going to disagree with any of that.

Time will tell what they skipped, and what they didn't.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-30-2014, 4:11 PM Reply   
Let me summarize all these posts into one.

The only way this boat is 50k is if you stick it in the back of your pickup and drive it home to your lift where it stays forever. The idea of this being a 50k wakeboat is a fantasy played out by MC to the T with their marketing yet again. A wakeboat needs a short list. A trailer to get you there, triple ballast minimum, variation of pp, a base stereo, and tower, of which this boat doesn't come with. It has two of those.

MC's 50k mark obviously means as stripped as it could be which will fail for anyone remotely serious about wakeboarding. This boat will have MSRP in the 60's all day long to make it an official wakeboat contender which puts it just above the other budget boats when optioned equally. MC can do that because of the name.

Anyone who is claiming its still 50k after being optioned because you deal off MSRP is an idiot. You price boats by MSRP . If MC is gonna claim its 50k all day That should be its MSRP. Which it is if you want to pay 10 linemen to Cary it over to your lift or dock and get the wake performance level of any I/O.

We all know the 50k wakeboat is a dream and no one is ever making one again. You may be able to get a deal close to 50k but the MSRP is where the numbers are period. Kudos to the marketing hype of MC yet again. They know how to stir up the pot and get hype started.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2014, 6:40 AM Reply   
Xstar thats was a brilliant summation.