Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-19-2014, 8:50 AM Reply   
Hey Robert, after 27 years you haven't figured out a better way to work and still have to put in 12-14 hour days 5-6 days a week? I don't know, that's not something I would be so proud of. Seems that after that long, you would just hire people to do the work so you can enjoy life and all that time behind your Tige (well as much as you can enjoy the time behind a Tige).
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Hey Robert, after 27 years you haven't figured out a better way to work and still have to put in 12-14 hour days 5-6 days a week? I don't know, that's not something I would be so proud of. Seems that after that long, you would just hire people to do the work so you can enjoy life and all that time behind your Tige (well as much as you can enjoy the time behind a Tige).
I will be retired March 1st. The main reason i have worked 12-14 hours a day recently is i have been training my replacement. I do however take off Mondays in the summer as well as July 4th week and a week in August. I average 100 hours on my boat each year. I only work 5 days a week not six. In the summer it's only 4 days a week the last couple of years.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-19-2014, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I will be retired March 1st. The main reason i have worked 12-14 hours a day recently is i have been training my replacement. I do however take off Mondays in the summer as well as July 4th week and a week in August. I average 100 hours on my boat each year. I only work 5 days a week not six. In the summer it's only 4 days a week the last couple of years.
That sounds a little better. 14 hours days are long days. If you are still putting on 100 hours a season than you are doing pretty good. I manage that any kn my boat a season and another 40-50 on friends boats and it still doesn't seem like enough (and our Canadian summers are short).

Are you going to celebrate retirement with a new ASR?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
That sounds a little better. 14 hours days are long days. If you are still putting on 100 hours a season than you are doing pretty good. I manage that any kn my boat a season and another 40-50 on friends boats and it still doesn't seem like enough (and our Canadian summers are short).

Are you going to celebrate retirement with a new ASR?
No i'm happy with my RZ2. It's more boat than i'll ever be able to outgrow. Besides i like the styling of the RZ2 the best of all the Tige's .Now i will probably spend more weekdays at the lake than weekends. That's why i'll be moving to Texas in 2015 longer boating season.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-19-2014, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
That's why i'll be moving to Texas in 2015 longer boating season.
And no water........
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 3:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
And no water........
Mike we bought property on LBJ. It's one of 4 constant level lakes in Texas. As long as it snows in Colorado we will have water. It's just the Colorado river dammed up.