Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    sperbet            04-26-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Essentially Seattle gave up a 3rd and 7th to get Harvin while SF gave up a 3rd to get Reid.
I love Seattle perspective on things. No, you didn't just give up a 3rd and a 7th. You gave up a 1st, a 3rd, a 7th and $11M/year.

And don't make the mistake of thinking the draft pundits (Kiper, McShay, et all) player rankings of a player are the end all be all. If the 9ers don't make that trade up they don't get Reid and settle for a different Safety later on. They may have him ranked significantly higher than the next best safety on their board. I trust their board more than Mel Kiper's.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-27-2013, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
I love Seattle perspective on things. No, you didn't just give up a 3rd and a 7th. You gave up a 1st, a 3rd, a 7th and $11M/year.

And don't make the mistake of thinking the draft pundits (Kiper, McShay, et all) player rankings of a player are the end all be all. If the 9ers don't make that trade up they don't get Reid and settle for a different Safety later on. They may have him ranked significantly higher than the next best safety on their board. I trust their board more than Mel Kiper's.
My point stands about Harvin. They used a 1st, 3rd and 7th to acquire him. SF used a 1st and 3rd to get Reid. Basically both SF and Seattle used the same "draft capital" to acquire Harvin and Reid. Your point about the money is definitely something to consider. That said, if Harvin for some reason was entered into the draft this season he would be the 1st overall pick. When he is on the field he is a top 5 playmaker in the entire league. There are some concerns about this injuries but in 4 years his only injury has been the one last year he suffered last year(against the hawks). He missed games early in his career for migranes but says he hasn't had one in 2 years. Migraines and injury aren't related in any way other than they kept him off the field. Sure he has had some problems with his coaches but even with those problems he was the favorite to win the MVP before he got hurt last year. Point being all the so called negatives aren't really connected so there isn't as much of a worry of a pattern developing. In my opinion at least.
Old    sperbet            07-30-2013, 5:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
To add to that, I think Harvin is a great player and a great pick up. However, he hasn't played 16 games a single time in his career. He's also had problems with coaches. There is a lot of risk there, whether you can admit it to yourself or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
There are some concerns about this injuries but in 4 years his only injury has been the one last year he suffered last year(against the hawks).
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...go-hip-surgery

That didn't take long. 'half' to tell you, I told ya so!

Last edited by sperbet; 07-30-2013 at 5:49 PM.