Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       01-15-2013, 12:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I get news from the TV via The Daily Show and CNN (left swinging) and to/from work in my car listen to conservative talk radio (Hannity, Rush, etc).... my best attempt to see/hear both sides.

From that the biggest argument from the "right" side is this - the only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. After that they define "Good Guy" as a well trained, law obeying citizen (obeying a property's right to ban weapon included). With that said, all the guns in the world would NOT have stopped any public shooting as of late. I know that here in Wisconsin almost EVERY SINGLE STORE I have been in since the conceal and carry laws were passed here has a big sign saying "Firearms not permitted on this property" .... this includes malls, theaters, schools, churches, bars, etc etc etc.

So as a bad guy whole strolls into the mall and opens fire, this means that all of you "good guys" wouldn't have guns anyway.... you're SOL. And if you do in fact have a gun at a place that does not permit them, maybe you're not such a good guy. Lets say you're in that mall with a shooter, your gun is in your car, how many people would actually leave, get the weapon (losing sight of the bad guy"), and come back to stop him? If you say "I sure would, FOR AMERICA!" then I would ask this..... I am in a mall with the shooter, you leave to get your gun and come back to shoot the shooter.... now I see two guys with guns, I assume there are two shooters, I get my gun from my car, now I'm trying to take out the two shooters.... etc etc etc, next thing you know you have 7 people with guns all trying to kill each other since no one knows who is who.

..... with all that said, I don't think guns should be touched namely on the principal of if the 2nd amendment gets fudged with, where does it stop. I also think there is ZERO need for 100 round mags, fully auto rifles (most semi auto I can't justify).... my family has guns for hunting, they are shotgun/ pump based or bolt action rifles.... they work great for hunting, we don't need more.

Stupid. This is signing up for the group that a "Well regulated militia" would have to fight, not who we would be fighting for in a revolt (see 1776). If anyone legitimately thinks they could pull a band of people together (militia) and have a chance in hell to make a dent in the US Army.... you're not sane enough to own a weapon.
Sorry lots of false information here

The meaning of those signs varies state to state, in ga for example they mean nothing. All you can be asked is to leave, if you refuse to leave its trespassing, no weapons charge. Your missing the point of the argument though, if weapons were permitted everywhere by licensed carriers it would serve as a deterent. Think about where shootings occur, gun free zones(the big ones anyways) when's the last time you heard of a mass shooting at a gun show? Google kennesaw ga, it's a local law to require home owners to posses a firearm, must be the Wild Wild West right? Wrong........

Magazine changes take less than a second, limit them to 10 rounds you add a whole 10 seconds to dump 100 rounds, wow!

Full autos? I don't think you know much about the NFA passed in the 1930's do you? In order to legally obtain anything that fires more than 1 round per trigger pull it requires a form 4 filed with the BATFE NFA, this is paperwork requiring approval from your local sheriff, passport photos a description of the weapon, a $200 tax, a 1-6 month wait(closer to 6-7), fingerprinting, and an extensive background check. The weapon must be "pre 1986" to be compliant, and there are strict rules once you owe it, for example you must obtain approval before leaving the state, it may not be loaned out etc. there are not legally acquired "full autos" running around the streets

As far as the militia goes, no one ever wants that but think about how spread out the military is, our military hasn't had a lot of success fighting an insurgency let alone one as well armed as their own citizens. Do you really think soldiers would agree to fight their own friends and family? Maybe some but not all, that's a whole different discussion though