Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-10-2013, 3:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrider View Post
Additionally, like most I'm sure you do not mind that Congress recently waived your individual right to privacy, in violation of the 4th amendment. Again, this is a move toward collectivism and that is something that will not stand long in the psyche of Americans. All of this surrounding a fear of terrorism which could be addressed by revising our a-hole attitude towards foreign countries but Congress would rather sacrifice your individual rights. Different issues, similar fear, and the same non-solution to calm the nerves of the masses.
As bleeding heart as I am, I agree.

Look at how much $$$ we blew post 9/11, and for what? 14 guys with box cutters and some determination did something horrible. In newtown, a kid took his mom's guns and did something horrible (and aurora and columbine and v tech). But those are aborations. We can't and shouldn't plan our lives around the most rare, and extreme, events. Making grandma take off her shoes to get on a plane makes me feel no safer, and I doubt 15 round magazines would make me feel safer from gun violence than 30 round mags.

Now would I like to see a culture shift so that the wang wagging of packing heat (legally or illegally) goes away? Heck yeah. Used to be perfectly acceptable to beat your wife. Anyone defend that now? How 'bout driving while intoxicated (not irradicated, but certainly stigmatized)? Racism too. Lots of these cultural norms have changed over the years, and I'd hope that the concealed carrying of lethal weapons around would be one of them.

Which is not to say don't have a gun, it's to say your dong is still the same size whether you concealed carry one or not.