Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-10-2013, 7:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Over 10 times as many people die every year by malpractice.You don't see the media bashing doctors.Many more die at the hands of Drunk Drivers and the punishment is less severe.Shockingly enough more people die at the hands of a hammer every year than a gun.
Please provide a citation for that hammer stat, other than that somebody forwarded you an e-mail that says so.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-10-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Please provide a citation for that hammer stat, other than that somebody forwarded you an e-mail that says so.
Just google FBI annual crime statistics. Its been a talking point for a couple weeks.

Nick, just because a property says "guns prohibited" does not mean you cannot legally carry there. It means they have the right to ask you to leave if they see it. In order for it to be illegal it must be listed as a restricted site (school, church, etc) or have the very specific 30.06 or 51%signage on the door.

Also, you should hope every mass shooter uses a 100rd drum. They are crap and typically cant shoot more than 3rds without jamming or crapping out. They are cumbersome and throw the weigh dist way off. Hard to hit anything with it.

Quote:
What I think everyone can agree with is (which is the point JS is making), what we have been doing currently isn't working and needs to be changed.
How is it not working? Gun crime has been on a steady decline since the 80's. Making it hard to get guns is going to stop gun crime like making it hard to get cars is gonna stop car theft. Or making it harder to buy songs on itunes is gonna thwart piracy. Music pirates dont use itunes, car theives dont buy cars, and gun criminals dont follow laws.

In a free society, the only way you can stop bad people from doing bad things is make them too afraid to do it.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-10-2013, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...-data-table-11
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       01-10-2013, 9:45 AM Reply   
8583>496
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-10-2013, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroheight68 View Post
8583>496
A subset of 323<496
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-10-2013, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrider View Post
A subset of 323<496
I guess there are four types of lies. Lies, damned lies, statistics, and this post. Please.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-10-2013, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrider View Post
This is outstanding. Last time I checked there were quite a few more "blunt objects" than just hammers. But, it makes a good sound bite and email chain I guess.