Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-19-2012, 5:01 PM Reply   
So how was that g23 demo?
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-19-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
So how was that g23 demo?
It was amazing. JD Webb came out to show us how the boat works and coach us a bit. The wake on that is way bigger then I ever thought, and I was popping off and getting 7-9 foot melon grabs easily. We had 10 people in the boat and there was a 1000lbs of lead in it, so the wake wasn't exactly a stock no ballast weight, but we didn't have any water ballast in it. Before we rode we got the plant tour and that was a amazing sight to see, what they go through to make one of those boats. All I saw on the manufacture floor was G23, G25, and 200 CB and OBs. Not a single 230 and only one 210. After riding the G23 and the X-30 the G is better in so many aspects.

Shaft problem:
We asked Nautique about the shafts after seeing the post a while back and from my other sources as you all may know. We asked them about it today and they explained that the ONE transmission that blew was a prototype transmission and was low on oil. The shaft breaking was caused by a unknown problem and it was shipped to nautique but was lost in shipping so they couldn't discover the problem. So there has been one prototype transmission problem and one shaft problem accounted for.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-19-2012, 7:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 View Post

Shaft problem:
We asked Nautique about the shafts after seeing the post a while back and from my other sources as you all may know. We asked them about it today and they explained that the ONE transmission that blew was a prototype transmission and was low on oil. The shaft breaking was caused by a unknown problem and it was shipped to nautique but was lost in shipping so they couldn't discover the problem. So there has been one prototype transmission problem and one shaft problem accounted for.
I'm shocked.. no, wait - I posted this information almost a month ago and nobody bothered to respond... including the guy who had 'insider information' (which was you).

Glad you liked the G.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-19-2012, 9:10 PM Reply   
From this:
Quote:
I am thinking Nautique is gonna have to make the drive shaft thicker for the G. That means that the transmission will have to be slightly redone and the hull slightly redesigned. The bigger shaft will require a bigger transmission which will also take up more room therefor moving the cooler in the floor forward a bit. It isn't a permanent problem but there will be some changes with newer G's.
To this:
Quote:

Shaft problem:
So much for your insider info. What a joke.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-19-2012, 9:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
From this:

To this:

So much for your insider info. What a joke.
The first post is what "I" thought would need to be fixed but I was wrong. My insider wasn't wrong he was spot on, he said a shaft broke and one did break.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-20-2012, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
The first post is what "I" thought would need to be fixed but I was wrong. My insider wasn't wrong he was spot on, he said a shaft broke and one did break.
Thanks for admitting you were wrong...

A little lesson James - I'm not trying to bust your balls... When I argued your point that 'shafts were breaking' I never said one didn't, but you were citing wild unknown sources which were actually your own opinion - not fact. One shaft broke, so it isn't a widespread problem. You said design problems, hull redesign, cooler pushed forward, too much power, too much weight, transmission redesign, thicker prop shaft... I let it slide, I was 14 once...

The shallow lake doesn't push the rear of the hull up, the shallow lake has less water to displace, therefore when the hull pushes down and there is not as much water to push down (displace) which then in turn (equal opposite reaction) comes up to form the wake, the wake is smaller/won't build as well as in deeper water. This has been argued widely for years where the breakover point is where depth doesn't matter... something like 12-15 ft...

I find it hard to believe that you couldn't do a grab on a wake that is bigger than anything I ever ride and all of a sudden you were doing 7' airs on the G wake, 7-9 ft is huge... which is why I asked for pix...
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-20-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
You have been carrying on this whole thread about it being a more common problem than one, at least admit you and they (if they exist) were wrong.

Kids these days...

Quote:
CC will more then likely deny it happening. And to all the people saying it was to coincidental that I posted the first post and then CBhill guy posted his problem, it wasn't a hoax or a fake at all. I don't work for Nautique. That was just the first time that someone publicly said that their shaft broke and you all asumed thst since i posted the first comment that it was a fake problem. It wasn't the first time a shaft broke and it sure isn't gonna be the last.
Wrong, it seems CC was very up front with the ONE time it happened...

Quote:
My final statement for now is that I believe and know that some (very few but some) shafts are breaking. I am entitled to what I want to say. You guys can think what you want.
I forget, is ONE the same as some?

Quote:
I know from my contact. The reason I have been hearing that they have been breaking is because of the amount of weight some people have been putting in there boats. At worlds for example they had like 8000lbs of ballast in that G23. Why in the world would you need 8000lbs of ballast? The wake is already massive with just stock ballast. But the torque is to great for the weight in the boat and shafts are breaking. The cause is probably that the shaft is microscopically out of alignment and when you add the extra weight people are putting in there boats that small amount of alignment becomes a big problem. It probably wont effect all the G's out there. Probably only a handful. It has happened though.
Probably my favorite post of yours, assuming 8k ballast setups and somehow correlating that weight effects torque on the drive-train.

Well, my favorite post besides commenting an X30 with stock ballast doesn't have enough of a wake to do grabs...

Last edited by MattieK27; 11-20-2012 at 6:31 AM.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-20-2012, 6:34 AM Reply   
i dont belive anything on this thread
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-20-2012, 6:51 AM Reply   
James
Attached Images